Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys totally none navara related!
My daughter just got her first car!
Its a 2007 ford KA! You know the ones that look like its been droped in a margarine tub!
Anyway its actually a bloody good find only done14k drived like new and not a mark of rust anywhere (i know a 12 year old ford with no rust! Who'd have thought!)
It does have 1 age related problem though, its the wrap around plastic bumpers! They have really badly faded to the point there almost white!
Its a black car and i first got thinking about painting them! Then i relised its a 12 year old car so no point spending a fortune on it! so now thinking of maybe plastidip untill someone metioned plastic dye!
Has anyone had any experience with this? How permanent is it and how close to black will it dye?
Any particular product anyone can recommend?

·
Super Moderator
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw this and thought about it but since the bumpers are originaly a dark gray and im wanting them black to match the bodywork they'd never go that dark with heat alone

·
Administrator
11,675 Posts
There are some pretty good bumper restoring products out there. You know how good they are because it doesn't come off your hands!

You can just aerosol them using a plastic primer as alternative.

·
Super Moderator
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found an outside the box answer!
I found and bought a pair of used painted black "sport ka" bumpers off ebay for £55
The sport ka has different "sportier" bumpers from the standard ka (wider wheel arches as part of the wrap around bumper too) so will improve the styling a bit more than originally planed :)
Need to find some wider wheels now to fill the wider arches lol what have i started? 🤣

1 - 8 of 8 Posts