4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Your welcome
what was the problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Me, thats what the problem was lol
I didnt cut into the black wire (as above you said don't cut anything :) ) so i was just earthing it on the body / bolt for seat belt etc.Clearly it wasn't a good enough earth.
In the end i cut into the black wire in position 1 and soldered my wire into it. That did the job. Works a treat. Just got to hook up the camera now!

For anyone else planning on doing this:-
Pin hole 67 is empty. You just poke your new bit of wire through the hole and bend it over the inside of the plastic connector.
Pin hole 1 has a black wire going into it which you need to take a spur off of. I cut in and soldered but i guess a scotch lock would work!

Thanks gfromleeds for your help putting the thread up and replies to my stupid questions :)

·
Administrator
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Lol no problem I probably should have been clearer when I said dont cut anything

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just looking at this , does anyone know where the camera wiring comes from on the pathfinder is it the same as a nav ?
I have just bought a caravan and want to fit a reverse camera to it ( insurance discount ) what I am thinking is if I find the camera video input I can cut this and fit a selector switch to choose which camera input to use that way I would be able to use the current camera display .

·
Administrator
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just looking at this , does anyone know where the camera wiring comes from on the pathfinder is it the same as a nav ?
I have just bought a caravan and want to fit a reverse camera to it ( insurance discount ) what I am thinking is if I find the camera video input I can cut this and fit a selector switch to choose which camera input to use that way I would be able to use the current camera display .
I would asume since its the same system it would be the same pins on the back of the screen as ive wired the camera to on my navara :dunno

·
Administrator
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Pins 11 12 on the monitor connector ?
Yea on the navara as standard there empty and we put the camera feed in there
An educated guess would be, if on your pathfinder theres wires already there that would be the camera feed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello ,i have installed the reverse camera and want to make this mod but i cant understand some things .
1) neg video from plug 12 where it goes on relay ?

2)Yellow cables as show the graph one is come form pin 11 two from rear camera and the third that i dont understand form dvd /video device ... whats this and where i will put the cable ?

3)And the last ..I will run two wires from the reverse light to relay ?

I would be grateful If someone has the kindness explain to me .
Thank you ..

·
Administrator
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hello ,i have installed the reverse camera and want to make this mod but i cant understand some things .
1) neg video from plug 12 where it goes on relay ?

2)Yellow cables as show the graph one is come form pin 11 two from rear camera and the third that i dont understand form dvd /video device ... whats this and where i will put the cable ?

3)And the last ..I will run two wires from the reverse light to relay ?

I would be grateful If someone has the kindness explain to me .
Thank you ..
1) the video cable mesh screen doesn't go to the relay you connect that directly to the video cable mesh screen from the camera and the one from the dvd if you install one

2) this is only used if you install a dvd player and thats what it connects to

3) the 2 wires from the rear light! You cut the existing reverse wire and extend the 2 ends to the relay these are the 2 wires

Also worth noting
if your not installing the dvd player and all you want is a rear view camera!
you should run the cameras video direct to the screen! completely disregarding the bit about cutting and extending the wires from the rear light, the relay and the switch!
You only need these if your fitting a dvd (or other video device)

·
Administrator
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
One last thing,what DVD unit i Will use,any recommendation?
Thanks again.
Pretty much any will work as long as its intended to be used in a car
I conected to a pair of xtrons dvd headrests which work fine

Reactions: m7ixalis

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi mate, I trying to do this to my nav but I just want the camera. I’ve wired pins 1 and 67 together. And I’ve put pins in 11/12 in the Display unit. Wired camera up to live feed and I’m not getting anything. Wounded if you could help.
Thanks joe.

·
Administrator
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Is it switching to a different screen when putting truck in reverse? ( ignition/engine needs needs to be on)

41 - 54 of 54 Posts