Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Agree 1000% - but does my wife's pass the test?

The funny thing is, it was only £250 (just R10 GRL, useless to many people), and people pay thousands for **** like S143 MTH - LOOKS A BIT LIKE SMITH :lol: :lol:

I think you can have a great number without paying much, if you have a brain and an imagination :wink:

·
Registered
79 Posts
see wot you do is name your kids so you can buy em a plate when there 21 !! just bought my lad " Rik " a plate for that very occasion !!!

RIK XR

does look well on the car mind !!!

"spike"

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bought the wife SU51 HEY as her maiden name is Susan Hey.

I think it looks okay but I feel sorry for those tossers who mishape letters and stick black number plate holders or obliterate parts of numbers/letters with yellow number plate holders, just to make a word or a name.

Looks wank :wink:

I of course have a plate that perfectly matches my name

Mr MK56 HJH :lol:

·
Registered
481 Posts
diesel said:
Bought the wife SU51 HEY as her maiden name is Susan Hey.
That's pretty cool mate

diesel said:
I feel sorry for those tossers who mishape letters and stick black number plate holders or obliterate parts of numbers/letters with yellow number plate holders, just to make a word or a name.

Looks wank :wink:
Looks wank :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is it true that in the UK you can not have true reading plates :?:

In NZ we can have 6 digits...I was thinking of getting NAV4R4 after seeing it on the official Nissan UK site :!: Other alternative would be N4VR A :wink:

·
Registered
481 Posts
We can have plates that read true I guess, but we cannot just choose a number like some areas - it has to be a proper DVLA issued number, and some can be good.

For example, you could have NAV 4R, as somewhere that number was likely to be issued back in 1978 or so (when the 'R' suffix was current), or maybe you could have N4 VAR as the 'N' prefix plates was out in 1995 or so but putting that final 'a' or '4' on doesn't fit with our system :cry:

Incidentally, you would have to buy either of the above numbers if they were available - nothing comes free :cry: (again)

·
Registered
481 Posts
That's pretty good mate, perhaps the best I have seen in that 'category'.

Personally though, I have never been into plates that describe the car - I used to work at a Jaguar dealer and people were always supplying plates that ended in 'JAG', I find them a bit pointless. As you know for years they have been generally known as 'personal' plates and I find this type just extra badges.

Hope I haven't offended, as I said, just my opinion, and yours is better than most.

·
Registered
481 Posts
In follow up to my dislike of plates that are 'just another badge' (sorry again wheelrepairit if I offended), on my way to work yesterday morning I passed a newish (no more than a couple of years old) Porsche 911, obviously a pretty expensive car, something I couldn't afford anyway, and it had this as a plate;

G5 POR

How **** is that??

·
Registered
175 Posts
my first born (so be careful!) his name is MACSEN, it's Gallic for Greatest.

i got M40SEN for £200, and a very small dot on the 0, makes a C and a perfect match..... M4CSEN

i like it anyway......

·
Registered
175 Posts
G5 POR

How **** is that??[/quote]

.....but that is Gus Porkenstein........didn't you know.......it's a great number!!!

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
yep fully agree with ATT on this one, doing a lot of travelling i see it all :lol:

Bits of tape / Screws / Slanted letters to make them look like something else.

Makes the owner look silly and cheap when they mess about trying to make letters look like something else.

RIO GRL is OK in my books as Eric is not Trying to spell something else, its left to your own imagination whats trying to be done, and its obvious.

IT would be poor show if there were saw 4 black screws going vertically before the letter R.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.