Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm having some problems with my 61' plate Navara. I was driving along and started to get a strange burning smell from the dash when the heater was on. Set around 22 degrees and it cleared after I had turned off the fans. Still seemed to do this with air con on/off.

However now my problem is that if I put the heater on, it has started misting up my windscreen, no matter what temperature it is set to. really confused with this one and want to know any suggestions as to where to start.

PS - the burning smell is not as apparent now, but still slight (either that or I have got used to it :) )

Am I looking at a faulty heater/element?

Any thoughts on what is might be?

Thanks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,686 Posts
If your truck is out of its warranty it wouldn't be a bad idea to have an aircon specialist to check it. Before you do that, it might be worth checking the condition of the pollen filters, they are behind the glovebox.

[youtube:1mhvkjzi]QKkGUWBAHY4[/youtube:1mhvkjzi]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKkGUWBAHY4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,101 Posts
if it smells like curry, then it is probably the pollen filters. Try running it on recirculate, as that bypasses the filter, so shouldn't smell. The other alternative is that the fan motor or speed resistor pack is burning out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
nexsuperne said:
if it smells like curry, then it is probably the pollen filters. Try running it on recirculate, as that bypasses the filter, so shouldn't smell. The other alternative is that the fan motor or speed resistor pack is burning out.
If it smells like curry, that's the smell of coolant, your heater matrix would be leaking.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top