Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Australia and own a d22, It's a early d22 with the 3.2 litre Non Turbo Diesel.
I'm having trouble finding any info on the engine like faults, durability, mods.
I'd appreciate any info anyone can give me.

One problem I do have at the moment is a fuel leak around the fuel injector pump. I'm also planing on replacing the exhaust system as the old ones has rust and has cracked around the extractors(previous owners installation). I'm thinking of Just getting a new stock exhaust.

Thanks

·
Registered
976 Posts
i don't know much about them. if you want a bit more power and looking at replacing the exaust then a turbo conversion would help. all the gear off the 3.2 tirbo ver should bolt straight on.

i know there where still being listed as advailable even as late as last year but i doubt anyone wants them except for the high altidude ver.

sorry i can't help ya.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I 1999 model d22 3.2lt

Hi, i'm also from Oz, Sydney
I am having fuel economy issues, only getting 350km to 50lt.
Have you experienced any similar issues? how many k's do u get to a tank?
My name is Carlo and my number is 0414759056 if you would like to exchange ideas/knowledge about our cars.

regards,
Carlo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carlo I'm sorry I can't give you an accurate figure for my fuel millage because my gauge cluster has gone haywire(common fault I'm told).
When I fill up I'm putting in around 60+ litres diesel and that lasts me 2 weeks going to work everyday. I think you should be definitely getting better results out of your qd32. One thing to check is the air filter, I've heard story's of diesels smoking up and using more fuel when their air filters have been clogged.

I've also had a look into turbo charging and some people seem to beleave the non turbo qd32 can't handle after market turbo kits, Something about the qd32 engine splintering.

·
Registered
976 Posts
crankit said:
I've also had a look into turbo charging and some people seem to beleave the non turbo qd32 can't handle after market turbo kits, Something about the qd32 engine splintering.
the info i saw was the early factory QD32 turbo motors where atmo vers with aftermarket turbo's fitted by the factory. i don't know of any problems but then again i don't know much on these, they are not as comman as the 2.7.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts