Nissan-Navara.net banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Change is never a bad thing.

Interestingly, whilst I have had a pickup since 2003, I still think they are a compromise.
Not good on fuel, not good for 4 adults, not fast, handling is OK only, off road capabilities limited, load carrying space limited, bouncy suspension, etc.

I suppose the expression, "Jack of all trades, master of none" springs to mind.

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
An accurate description of every pickup I have ever had. Not as comfortable or capable as a Range Rover, not as good on fuel as a "normal" diesel car, not fast by any means but they do a passable job of everything. I always found the NP300 quite cramped inside but the new owner who wasn't quite the same as my 6ft thought it was very roomy!

For a tax efficient company vehicle though I don't think it can be beaten, unless its fully electric. In 2016 I drove pretty much every pickup on the market and I found the D23 by far the best not sure whats changed in the last 4 years but I still recon it will be amongst the best driving pickups out today.

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
It's been an interesting 5 weeks, probably not everyones cup of tea but I'm now 3750 miles into Tesla Ownership. Or I would be if I actually had my car. I was warned, and had my expectations sat suitably low. However it wasn't low enough. The pickup went on the 22nd June to its new owner, I've since found out its been sold on again to a roofer and I've seen it about locally. I also see Navaras everywhere and in some ways I do miss having one!

Anyway, back to Tesla, I had been warned that the car might not be what I expected especially for the money, however 24th June was the day - I went for my "Covid Secure" collection appointment and oh dear. A new car, with damage in no less than 4 different areas. Needless to say I was not happy and at that point after some discussion they put me into a loan car which I've still got, essentially an older lower spec of what I had ordered a 2017 75d (which is a 75kw battery and 4 wheel drive, dual motor). It's quite a nice car and I'm hoping when I finally get mine it will be a big upgrade over it, more power, much more range and air suspension plus a load of other 2020 improvements etc.

Anyway, back to general disappointment, I have never known a company as difficult to deal with, impossible to get someone on the phone and when you do someone will "call me back", clearly means something different to an American company as I've lost count of the number of phone calls I'm due. Eventually they made a plan, its an endlessly long and boring story but the short version is they didn't do the plan (proper repair), they have basically done it on the cheap. I went to see it last week and identified some further work to be done and I'm told its now perfect and "within Tesla Tolerance" (a hugely frustrating term as they won't provide guidance to exactly what is and isn't acceptable - which to me basically means what they say goes). The plan is to go tomorrow for the 3rd time to try and finally collect the car I was supposed to collect 5 weeks ago and paid in full for 7 weeks ago!

As for the 75d, I've done 3750 miles in it for an actual cost of about £80 which is quite frankly absurd, using the charging network has contributed about 30% of the power used but even without that it would only have cost £120 for those miles. They are a damn quick car and just the ability to accelerate back up to the speed limit does not get old. You can literally blitz anything away that isn't a supercar and even then they'd have to be awake to have a chance. It makes my V10 M5 feel like a dinosaur. Tech is great, the noise (or lack of) is excellent and it all just feels so modern. I'm totally sold, the product is amazing (quality control aside). It's just a shame Tesla know how good it is and there really is no viable alternative so there is no driving force for them to improve their service. In a few years time if the other companies do catch up they will have to do something.

Anyone who might be considering getting into an EV or a Tesla, do it, but don't say I didn't warn you about the company!

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Interesting, while we all complain about car dealers (perhaps not Toyota ones), the lack of aftercare does leave you quite exposed to the call centre.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts