Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , hope someone can help.
My audio system has stopped working, I turned it off and then it wouldn't come back on, a few days later it returned.
A few days later I started my car and again no sound or use of the steering wheel controls, any way to reset the unit?

·
Administrator
11,515 Posts
Disconnect the car battery and turn the ignition to get rid of any residual charge

Which model of Navara and head unit have you got by the way?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I will try that I now have a 63 plate and it is the model with a navigation screen and music box etc with controls on the steering wheel.

·
Administrator
11,515 Posts
OK, to confirm that there is no "reset to factory" on these, you need to do as described. The other thing to check is the fuse. Hopefully not more serious as that will be a challenge, new units are unbelievably expensive from Nissan.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have tried disconnecting the battery and the radio is still not working. The screen is ok and the sat nav is working, it is just all the audio functions that are not working.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just had my head unit replaced on our 16 plate Tekna. Noticed a month back that there was no FM / AM and the DAB was selective as to when it worked. Did notice that when you reset the unit (nothing worked still) - there is a FM List, this would still populate my local radio stations like Radio Cornwall, but when selected there was still no sound. SatNav, Bluetooth and USB worked OK. Initially the dealer thought it was a fault in the radio aerial wiring (so thats all new now too). Took them 5 working days to fix because it had to be signed off at Nissan. The dealership had never come across this before. I only noticed it was defunct as the 'TA' logo top of screen always had the line through it. Also they replaced the collision avoidance unit. On the very odd occasion it would show the yellow warning light on the dash, but would reset on the next start up. Apparently it was a defective unit that had never worked.......

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi , I gave that a good read and tried the test to confirm all buttons work, and they do.
It looks like I will have to take it into the dealers to see if they can factory re-set it.

Thanks for the suggestion
Bill

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
There is a factory reset option in the menu. I've used it when I first got mine.
If your struggling to find it, just say. I'll have a look at mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went out to the truck this morning , started the engine and lo and behold the radio started working again!! All the controls on the steering wheel are also back up and running.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you checked all your fuseboxes? On my Nissan D40 I literally (not to mention stress fully) pulled my car apart to try and get my taillights &/number plate light functioning again only to find out there is a hidden 4th fusebox Nissan fail to mention in car manual!
Two simple little fuses later and the mystery drama is solved!!
My lights are working!
Google your car, year & model and 4th fusebox! You might save yourself some money!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Was sitting in the truck listening to the radio, started the engine and after it started the radio did not come back on. Is there a relay that cuts out the audio when the engine turns over?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue last year which started with the reversing camera going out of contrast intermittently. After this the radio started to play up in that it would be on but there was no sound and I couldn't change channels. I followed advice from here to disconnect the battery, etc. and that seemed to work. But if I stopped my truck to say "go the cash machine" and then restart it within a few minutes it would fail again.

Having been quoted £4500 by the manufacturer to replace "the faulty head unit", I turned to an auto electrician. Unfortunately he couldn't find the problem.

I have since discovered, by accident I might add, that if I don't have my headlights on automatic then the radio works perfectly. It has been OK since Christmas with no issues at all.

I might take it back to the auto electrician and get him to check the wiring etc. to the rear as this seems to be connected.

Hope this is of help to some as this was an annoying fault, and potentially a very expensive one.

:wink2::wink2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts