Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've got a 55 plate D40 and the radio has stopped working.

It started a couple of years ago, losing signal every now and then for a few minutes at a time. Earlier this year my battery died and ever since fitting the new one the radio has packed up completely. The display still works and the CD player still works it even goes through the motions of searching but never finds anything.

I've searched the forum and found a previous thread where someone was told to get another one, I've done that and still have the same problem.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Firstly which radio do you have? The single CD changer, 6 cd changer or sat Nav?
Have you checked all the connections at the back of the radio and the antenna?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the 6 cd with the sat nav screen at the top.

I've swapped one panel for another so all the connections have been off and back on again, also checked the aerial connection on the roof.

·
Registered
451 Posts
K, have you checked the 2 fuses for the audio system?
There is one in the interior fuse box, labelled Audio - 10 A
And one in the relay box in the engine bay - Radio - 15 A

Reactions: lookskyward1

·
Super Moderator
4,599 Posts
He says the radio on but doesn't tune in or play cds so suggests faulty radio
When you say "replaced the panel" do you mean the screen? As the screen is just a screen the radio itself is built into the 6 cd player behind were the cd slot is

·
Registered
451 Posts
They said the CD player still worked, just the radio wouldn't tune, which to me meant a problem with the antenna amp before the radio.

Next after the fuses would be the self diagnosis mode via the 'secret' menu

·
Super Moderator
4,599 Posts
Didn't release the D40 had a antenna amp

·
Super Moderator
4,599 Posts
# realise

·
Registered
451 Posts
Only the sat Nav version. Its built into the aerial base Nav from what I can see. You have the main am/fm feed which is amplified, then a sub feed. The radio also has another wire running back to the amp for an ON signal.

ANTENNA INSPECTION
Using a thick jumper wire, clip an auxiliary ground between antenna and body.
• If reception improves, check antenna ground (at body surface).
• If reception does not improve, check main feeder cable for short circuit or open circuit.

Possible causes:
-Antenna amp. ON signal circuit malfunction.
-Antenna feeder malfunction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only the sat Nav version. Its built into the aerial base Nav from what I can see. You have the main am/fm feed which is amplified, then a sub feed. The radio also has another wire running back to the amp for an ON signal.

ANTENNA INSPECTION
Using a thick jumper wire, clip an auxiliary ground between antenna and body.
• If reception improves, check antenna ground (at body surface).
• If reception does not improve, check main feeder cable for short circuit or open circuit.

Possible causes:
-Antenna amp. ON signal circuit malfunction.
-Antenna feeder malfunction.

·
Super Moderator
4,599 Posts
They said the CD player still worked, just the radio wouldn't tune, which to me meant a problem with the antenna amp before the radio.

Next after the fuses would be the self diagnosis mode via the 'secret' menu
The radio is built into the same unit as the cd player!
Well actually its two separate units inside one case!
Believe me ive had one in pieces when i had a similar problem (radio would tune in but wouldnt play sound) i bought a faulty unit that had a jammed cd mechanism,i stripped out the radio board fitted it into mine and fixed it!
From what i learned the radio is prone to faults so dont rule out that the op bought a faulty unit!

·
Super Moderator
4,599 Posts
If you can get to leeds your more than welcome to test using my known working radio/cd unit as its not currently installed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts