Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Not long been a member but have been scouring the forum's resources for the last few days hunting for information on replacing the rear half of the d40 chassis.
My 06 outlaw has snapped clean in two on the usual passenger side of the chassis where the majority fail.
I'm not certain replacing a part of the box section and then strengthening would suffice and am aware that a few have successfully replaced the rear half of the chassis only.
I love my nav, and ill never part with it, it's not used much nowadays but it's a keeper , most have fancy flash sports cars for their weekend cars. Me, I have my menacing matt black d40..

Have any members successfully done a rear half replacement or repaired a snapped box section of the chassis?
Searched my heart out in the forum, but I've not come across anything that relates.
I look forward to any responses, and thanks

·
Administrator
15,894 Posts
There's a few, here's one. If you are handy with a welder, it's none too technical.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a few, here's one. If you are handy with a welder, it's none too technical.

Thanks for your response, yes I had a good read of that post prior to posting.
My query is obtaining a structurally sound rear half chassis, and replacing mine with it. From what ive seen its usually done from just infront of the rear cab mounting points but not a huge amount of information online.
One company sells an engineered rear half chassis.
Over the years I've welded many things, most recently the rear sub floor of my e46 m3 as they have a common issue of cracking.
I was tempted to replace the box section where it has snapped and then re enforce it, but I've also noticed a crack under the drivers side rear cab mount which looks to be a ball ache to repair based on where it is, when I say crack, it's more a canyon

·
Administrator
15,894 Posts
Most people scrap the vehicle at this stage as the cost of the rear chassis and welding is probably more than the value of the vehicle.

Not great to be honest, but things like the engine, gearbox etc are still quite valuable.

If you are going down the repair route, it will require the body and the tub lifting from the chassis. Not as hard as you might think.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most people scrap the vehicle at this stage as the cost of the rear chassis and welding is probably more than the value of the vehicle.

Not great to be honest, but things like the engine, gearbox etc are still quite valuable.

If you are going down the repair route, it will require the body and the tub lifting from the chassis. Not as hard as you might think.
Thank you, tub is off. Getting my head around lifting the body now

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all, does anyone know if the rear damper bolt/pin that goes through the chassis at the rear for the top of the damper to bolt to is available from Nissan?
The parts desk guy I've spent 20 minutes describing the part to hasn't any idea?
Many thanks

·
Administrator
15,894 Posts
If you go onto the partsouq website, eventually you will find the right parts diagram. If available it will provide the part number.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you go onto the partsouq website, eventually you will find the right parts diagram. If available it will provide the part number.
I bought a D40 outlaw 09 reg. Fuel tank straps corroded away and collapsed a couple of months ago. I spoke with nissan and the free inspections have now stopped. Has anyone heard of what to do now, as it will be a nightmare to sell and no use if it is likely to collapse.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I bought a D40 outlaw 09 reg. Fuel tank straps corroded away and collapsed a couple of months ago. I spoke with nissan and the free inspections have now stopped. Has anyone heard of what to do now, as it will be a nightmare to sell and no use if it is likely to collapse.
Your better to sell it on eBay for spares or repair and cut your losses, You can spend a fair bit of cash on welding repairs and the issues with corrosion is still there,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts