Nissan-Navara.net banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Good idea, you would also be better to leave the two front bolts in the cab just slacken them of to stop the cab moving forward. Seen the cab being removed on YouTube they used a fork lift to remove it, Fair bit of weight.
Found some 6x6 fence posts and great thinking with the front bolts thank you.
Tmrw will be interesting/sketchy...

·
Banned
354 Posts
Worked a treat, managed to raise the rear of the cab 10" which has given me plenty of room for the repair. Thanks for the idea
Worked a treat, managed to raise the rear of the cab 10" which has given me plenty of room for the repair. Thanks for the idea
Thats great will save you a good bit of time it’s always handy to know it can be done that way, Cheers.

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Does anyone have any idea what this is? Stripped out the interior for a deep clean and found this funny looking push button under the centre console trim. The cable go directly into the top left fuse labelled electronic parts. Damned if I can work out what it is?
Hand Automotive tire Wood Finger Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Wood Bumper Gas Electrical wiring

Motor vehicle Wood Gas Electrical wiring Machine

·
Registered
374 Posts
Does the pushbutton lock in the "ON" and "OFF" position?? - It may be some-sort of ECR disabling device that some one has installed?

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Does anyone have any images of the rear tub mountings, as in the rubber pieces that fit between the chassis and the tub mounting points? Odd request I know but Google has brought up nothing

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
That day finally came, from a chassis snapped clean in two, long armour learning process but it's finally back together.
Just hope the tub doesn't overtake me when I take it out

·
Administrator
16,672 Posts
It is quite common for people to lift their pickups by fitting 50mm spacers between the body and the mounts.

Guessing yours has had that treatment. A giveaway would be longer bolts as part of the kit (which could easily be done bodge style)

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
It is quite common for people to lift their pickups by fitting 50mm spacers between the body and the mounts.

Guessing yours has had that treatment. A giveaway would be longer bolts as part of the kit (which could easily be done bodge style)
My body is sat on the standard rubber mounts from what I saw when I raised it, the bolts are long but no other spacers in there.
Having re installed the tub it was sat directly onto to 4 chassis mounting points with a biiig gap between the front top of the tub where it meets the back of the cab
There were 2 home made bodge ass spacers left in the pot and these seem to fit onto of the rear tub mounts and have evened out the gap so it looks normal.
To me the tub sitting directly onto the metal chassis mounting points doesn't seem right I feel there should be some kind of rubber busing between them.
Any ideas?
And thank you for all of your helpful advice so far

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
A few photos showing my concerns
Photo 1 is the front tub mounting, tub metal to chassis mounting point metal.
Photo 3 is the rear tub mounting with a 47mm bodge fitted in-between.

Photo 2 shows the alignment with the rear spacer, without the gap opens to about 2 inches at the top

Photo 5 shows the height from the top of tub to lowest point of the rear window about 85mm.

Something isn't right. I feel the front mounting should have a rubber ring in-between and something similar maybe on the rear?
Wood Grey Bedrock Road surface Rectangle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Water Wood Bedrock Formation Trunk

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

21 - 40 of 72 Posts