Nissan-Navara.net banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Had a go at straightening it after cleaning the individual components ( bearings do have a slight groan to them)
Re installed it and immediately it has moved back and is catching the pulley again.
Trying to find a replacement on ebay is a mare, range from 30 to 65 quid but confirming fitment with the buyers is arduous

·
Administrator
16,818 Posts
Had a go at straightening it after cleaning the individual components ( bearings do have a slight groan to them)
Re installed it and immediately it has moved back and is catching the pulley again.
Trying to find a replacement on ebay is a mare, range from 30 to 65 quid but confirming fitment with the buyers is arduous
think this is where it is bent, is there enough space to put it back an whack it with a hammer at that point?

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
think this is where it is bent, is there enough space to put it back an whack it with a hammer at that point?
View attachment 66433
Too late, I've already ordered a full replacement 🙃
As always thanks, I'm sure you will be hearing from me soon.
I'm waiting for tmrw, it's my birthday and I know I have new halo headlights and black tail lights to unwrap and fit once the day comes
Refit the bumper, few more minor repairs and she's up and running again 🤞

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
New pulley fitted, still squeeling although not quite as loud.
Think I'll be replacing all pulley bearings in a process of elimination...

Landmann, what do the two lower (underside) front bumper fitting points attach to? I have a big fat nothing down there to bolt to

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
How new is the belt? As they get older they wear a bit.

My front nudge/styling bar is attached there.
Both belts are brand new.
I had no squeeling before but the old belts were frayed really badly

On a plus note I fitted my new halo headlights, they look great however the halo's are pants, barely noticeable in daylight

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Water on the ribbed side of the belt and no squeeking for a minute or two, I gather that rules out bearings. Belts running straight and not miss aligned. Going to risk it and tighten it even more and hope for the best

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Yes I know it's a sh###er but I love it!
Lift kit and bigger tyres, then full black out respray in matt black with satin black trims and gloss black wheels. I will get there eventually !

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Re insured and mot booked for Tuesday ✊️
New obstacle. Power steering groaning when stationary. Belt looks just about right, can't see any leaks but..... fluid looks like mud and its bubbling like a kettle, lots of small throthy bubbles..
Search function has revealed its pulling in air somewhere so tomorrow I will be checking all pipes and connections and replacing the fluid.
Apparently dexron 3 atf which I already have, can anyone confirm that's the right fluid please

My journey is taking strides forward now !!

·
Administrator
16,818 Posts
Correct, here is a useful thread about lubricants.

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Correct, here is a useful thread about lubricants.

Perfect, thanks 👍

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
It's been a good couple of days,

Thought my power steering pump was stuffed. Groaning like crazy and frothy air bubbles in the reservoir.
Removed all the lines, reservoir and mount, cleaned and flushed through, re assembled and after an hour or so bleeding air from the fluid, its like new! No bubbles, no noise! Time well spent

Then replaced my NS front wheel bearing as it was in pieces.

As always more jobs crop up, OS front spring has snapped on the upmost coil so a new pair ordered

But here's the head scratcher if anyone can advise.
I am losing brake pressure. No leaks, fluid isn't going down. When I pump the pedal it builds pressure however if I hold my foot on it, it slowly loses pressure.
The brakes just about work but I wouldn't want to be driving with them this.

Search function has suggested that there's possibly an internal leak in the brake master cylinder?
But before I splash out can anyone offer any other advise or suggestions?

Thanks luke

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·

Finally got around to re paint something to see if I still have the knack
Jet black solvent basecoat finished in jawel 2k acrylic matte clear. Not perfect but has re inspired me

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Soooo, after recently posting in soneone else's thread I've found myself back here at last 😂

These mirrors are causing me quite a fuss.
My 55 plate navara has a fully fitted and wired in electric mirror switch , the mirrors on it are electric but chrome finished which suggests they are from a newer model. They have no built in indicator.

Both mirrors have only 3 cables, however the looms inside each door have been cut they many many more cables and try as I may I cannot use a multi meter to save my life.

What would be the worst to happen if I systematically connect my mirror wires one at a time to the wires off the loom in a process of elimination ? Blown fuse or worse

Door loom has been cut

mirror connection below

other side of door loom cables

61 - 80 of 88 Posts
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later