Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive decided on buying a Navara, but cant stretch to the D40.
I brought my wife along to see one today and theres a major spanner in the works. A slight oversight on my behalf - but she noticed that the middle rear seat belt in the 04 model we looked at is a lap belt. We have 3 kids and to be honest Im not convinced on the safety of lap belts paricularly for kids. This is a really serious consideration as Im going to be carrying the most valuable things on earth, to me, here. (the mother-in-law will be in the back).

Are lap belts standard across the D22 range and if so is it possble to get a 3pt belt fitted?

Thanks in advance

Mike
[/b]

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm sure someone does a conversion for the middle seat, I think I've seen it in a magazine.

I'll have a look and see if I can find it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yep I new I had seen it somewhere. They don't have a website but there is a telephone number. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was fast!!!

That was fast!!!
Thanks for that.

Are the lap belts standard across the D22 range then?

Mike

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm sure one of the D22 guys should be able to answer your question.

G

·
ggm, are you saying that the d40 has only a lapbelt in the middle, if so then you are incorrect...the d40 has a 3 point seat belt in the centre...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Scarey, post corrected.

I should have read it properly :lol:

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
just for the record, Quickfit (in kenton), as in the advert have been around for many years, i have used them in the past and were always very helpful and gave good advice.. i'm sure if anyone can help they can..

·
Registered
321 Posts
Maybe thats an excuse to push for a D40. The D40 has 3 proper belts and the two outermost seats have ISOFIX mountings!!

Steve

·
Registered
257 Posts
The problem is that Mike is looking at a 04 plate D22 which in the Uk sells for about £9000-£11000.
The nearest he would be able to get is an 55 plate D40 Se which is selling at £13000-£15000. So there is some difference in price.

Mike is also based in ROI where the vat is 21% so the cars are dearer to purchase. He could look at importing from the Uk but that option could be expensive.

If it was me I would hang off for a while until he bridges the gap a little if it's a D40 he looking for. I waited for 9 months before I bought mine.

The other alternative is to have a look at Ebay and the like where you can get some good bargains. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts