Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does other D40 Owners Tailgate lock with the central locking ?
Mine dosent :(

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
lock

the outlaw d40 tailgate doesn't and looked in handbook say's it doesn't, found this out after 3 weeks running round with it unlocked and snug top locked :shock:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I took my reat tail gate cover off and it would be real simple to add a solinoid so that the tail gate can be locked with the vehicles central locking
its on my to do list LOL

·
Registered
64 Posts
thats the type of soinoid that I was talking about you can get them of ebay for around US$10 make your own bracket , splice into the central locking signal and away you go
I sure as hell will be doing it when I get the time in a few week time got so many things to do first as my new D40 is going to be my work vehicle and it takes time to deck it all out etc

·
Registered
321 Posts
Using my D40 for work (its a company car) with tools and kit in the back I think its obvious (if not practical) why there is no central locking on the tailgate. I think its cos with the doors unlocked its easier for some one to open the back and theive what they want. A pick up is more likely to have tools in it than a car and so offer richer pickings for the light fingered

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts