Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I gone through a lot of threads re roll bars and they all seem to be about fitting them. I want to be able to take them off!
I've got a jackrabbit roll top with the bars bolted through the surround so the whole cover and bars lift off the truck on a oner. The bars (one bolt of each leg - four in total) have a bolt with a spring washer that screw into something in the inside of the bottom of the tubes, but they only turn and do not unthread, even with a bit of pressure pulling against the bolt. Seems like whatever the bolts thread into is actually turning in the tube - is there a disk or cone in there and is only good for using the first time and maybe they are not meant to be taken off and on? Does anyone know what is inside the tubes that the bolt threads into and is it common for them to become overhauled. all four are the same, they will not thread out. I could cut the bolts off with a grinder but don't know what I'll find inside the tubes and it might make the bars unusable after that.
I thought it would be simple just to unthread the four bolts and the bars would come off - but no!
Any suggestions please?
many thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,700 Posts
I would have thought they would be welded nuts or at least riv-nuts
So if there just spinning afaik the only option is to cut the bolt head off and hope theres a way to get the stud out of the tube!
Maybe have a look on that auction site to see if anyone is selling similer and included a picture of under the foot?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts