Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I want to replace all the bulbs in the rear with LED if possible.
Has anyone done this already?
If so could you share a link to them with me?

Cheers
Larry

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did look at these, very very cool.

Out of interest, does anyone have them fitted? pics Please!!

I think the wife would have a fit though!!

Cheers
L.

·
Super Moderator
595 Posts
Plenty LED array lamps out there, as you know. It's a risky scene though. So many shocking quality lamps out there, it really is unbelievable. Look for decent and proven on-board electronics for premium current/voltage stabilisation, and look for names like Cree and Epistar.

·
Super Moderator
4,309 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Plenty LED array lamps out there, as you know. It's a risky scene though. So many shocking quality lamps out there, it really is unbelievable. Look for decent and proven on-board electronics for premium current/voltage stabilisation, and look for names like Cree and Epistar.
Even so, i use Epistar on my bmw about 5 years ago. Last week died one of them, used only on braking. It's very hard to find quality product nowadays.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I put the Phillips replacements LED bulbs in my Pathy about 2-3 years ago, think they were P21/5w if I remember correctly. Still going strong, and absolutely retina searingly bright when you slam the anchors on.

Coming from bikes for years, I've had a bit of a LED fetish for the last 15-20 years or so. It was always the first thing I did, usually rear brake light and indicators. Back then there wasn't any headlight LED's. One of the things that gave me that warm fuzzy feeling about my bike I bought a couple of years ago was that it's all LED's from the factory, indicators, headlight, even the idiot lights. Much brighter, massively lower draw, more durable than incans/filament bulbs. I could never understand why they took so long to catch on.

Consequently, everything on my pathy now is LED’s, bar the indicators. Had an absolute nightmare with an Aprilia years back trying to get the flash rate sorted on the LED indicators, tried a super whizzy custom German relay, everything. Ended up having to put in resisters on the circuit which messed with my ocd no end, it basically upped the draw to near incan bulb levels which kind of defeated the point to me a bit.

Anyway, sorry about the waffle. My original point was the Phillips replacement rears are bloody good...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts