Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I picked up a twin cab D22 this week and first in the list of mods to make is replacing the audio head and adding a multi changer. It's on a 54 plate and it's the 2.5Di model.

How can I tell if the vehicle uses CY02A or CY03A system? This is so I can order the correct wiring adaptor, and I don't want to pull the existing unit out untill I have everything ready to replace it.

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
108 Posts
i just installed a custom audio system on my d22. dont know about standards but what is for sure is that sony mp3 wiring output doesnt fit into nissan connector, i had to cut nissan genuine connector and install sony connector by identifying and soldering wires. if u want to do it the hard way i did (cuting wires and solder new standard connector) beware that ground is not present on nissan original connector. ground is coming by mechanical contact between metallic package of audio set and car's audio rack which is mechanically connected with car's body.
use the electrical diagrams from service manual that can be downloaded from this forum.

·
Registered
155 Posts
ISO

Standard Navara audio connector can easily be adapted with an ISO adapter. You can buy this from Halford for about £15 or less on ebay. I think it is the same part as for the Nissan Primera. It enables you to connect to any after market stereo with an ISO connector on the back. You will have to change front speakers too, they are abysmal.... I upgraded to 6" Infinity components, and they work wonders..... :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts