Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reverse sensors fitted... total cost £26

Bought mine from here Ebay shop

The only slight issue was the supplied hole cutter was softer than the bumper material :shock: I didn't have a 21mm cutter in my toolbox so had to buy one, which was almost as much as the kit :lol:

Was a REALLY easy install.

See here for a blow by blow guide click me

Si

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are working fine. (I had been parking 8ft infront of things previously :oops: )

The Nissan ones as I understand it aren't fitted in the bumper, just on cheap plastic blocks on the under side.

I'll take a pic in the morning of mine, as I'm really chuffed with the look.

Si

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
blackburn

CANCEL the nissan ones NOW !!!

They are utter rubbish !! a complete waste of money,

Mine fell off after 2 months :( useless plastic things !

G

·
I put my two into the rear number plate light doofers - they pop out (reach up from inside the bumper) and theres JUST enough room with a dremel or whatever to get them in there...

The outer two are a different question - and I might have to resort to drilling the bumper - but my sensors are black :(

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
blackburn said:
can i be cheeky and ask for a couple of pics were you installed the box and stuff?

thanks lee
Box is in the cavity behind the rear lamp cluster. I wrappped it up in a load of tape to protect it in case any water got in there, which I reckon is pretty unlikely anyway.

I'm off to Iceland this week, so won't be able to take a pic till next weekend. Really is very easy though.

Si

G

·
i've come back from maplins and they've got some nikko sensors ... £35 for the two type and £40 for the four type..they look quite good and although they are more expensive than the ebay jobs ,you do have the backup of taking them back to a shop if they go wrong..

G

·
bobsabuilder said:
macman said:
I'm off to Iceland this week, so won't be able to take a pic till next weekend.

Si
:shock: Just how long are the checkout queues in Iceland that means it takes so long to buy frozen food :shock:

Bob :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Re: Reverse sensors fitted... total cost £26

macman said:
Bought mine from here Ebay shop

The only slight issue was the supplied hole cutter was softer than the bumper material :shock: I didn't have a 21mm cutter in my toolbox so had to buy one, which was almost as much as the kit :lol:

Was a REALLY easy install.

See here for a blow by blow guide click me

Si
These are the same ones i bought off ebay to fit on the father-in-laws car i fitted them about 2 weeks ago didn't start fitting them till after 5pm returned the car to him before it dropped dark they were that easy to fit

·
Registered
321 Posts
Dienamic said:
would a towbar affect the reverse sensors? I'm going to fit one like Bobsabuilder's just fitted but wont bother with the sensors if the towbar's going to fool them all the time.
i have just come in from doing mine, same make as OP. Have a towbar and works fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just finished fitting mine & well made up :D :D
only cost me £23.94 - now on sale at £18.95 + P&P (+ £5 for hole cutter)

Big thanks to macman for passing on the info & writing an excellent guide - Cheers mate :wink:

Not sure about the done in an hour though it took me at least 2 :shock:
but for anyone else thats thinking about it........trust me if i can do it anyone can!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later