Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reverse sensors fitted... total cost £26

Bought mine from here Ebay shop

The only slight issue was the supplied hole cutter was softer than the bumper material :shock: I didn't have a 21mm cutter in my toolbox so had to buy one, which was almost as much as the kit :lol:

Was a REALLY easy install.

See here for a blow by blow guide click me

Si
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Are the nissan ones that bad? ordered min to come with the truck. Not sure wether to cancel them now and just do this. Good how to by the way you got any pics of the install?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are working fine. (I had been parking 8ft infront of things previously :oops: )

The Nissan ones as I understand it aren't fitted in the bumper, just on cheap plastic blocks on the under side.

I'll take a pic in the morning of mine, as I'm really chuffed with the look.

Si
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,445 Posts
blackburn

CANCEL the nissan ones NOW !!!

They are utter rubbish !! a complete waste of money,

Mine fell off after 2 months :( useless plastic things !
 
G

·
I put my two into the rear number plate light doofers - they pop out (reach up from inside the bumper) and theres JUST enough room with a dremel or whatever to get them in there...

The outer two are a different question - and I might have to resort to drilling the bumper - but my sensors are black :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blackburn said:
can i be cheeky and ask for a couple of pics were you installed the box and stuff?

thanks lee
Box is in the cavity behind the rear lamp cluster. I wrappped it up in a load of tape to protect it in case any water got in there, which I reckon is pretty unlikely anyway.

I'm off to Iceland this week, so won't be able to take a pic till next weekend. Really is very easy though.

Si
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Take Brian's advice

cancel the nissan one's their dealer fit not factory so you'll do a better job yourself.

I've got them and their rubbish
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
top how to i am goin to get myself a set and the camara
 
G

·
i've come back from maplins and they've got some nikko sensors ... £35 for the two type and £40 for the four type..they look quite good and although they are more expensive than the ebay jobs ,you do have the backup of taking them back to a shop if they go wrong..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,622 Posts
macman said:
I'm off to Iceland this week, so won't be able to take a pic till next weekend.

Si
:shock: Just how long are the checkout queues in Iceland that means it takes so long to buy frozen food :shock:


Bob :wink:
 
G

·
bobsabuilder said:
macman said:
I'm off to Iceland this week, so won't be able to take a pic till next weekend.

Si
:shock: Just how long are the checkout queues in Iceland that means it takes so long to buy frozen food :shock:


Bob :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
Re: Reverse sensors fitted... total cost £26

macman said:
Bought mine from here Ebay shop

The only slight issue was the supplied hole cutter was softer than the bumper material :shock: I didn't have a 21mm cutter in my toolbox so had to buy one, which was almost as much as the kit :lol:

Was a REALLY easy install.

See here for a blow by blow guide click me

Si
These are the same ones i bought off ebay to fit on the father-in-laws car i fitted them about 2 weeks ago didn't start fitting them till after 5pm returned the car to him before it dropped dark they were that easy to fit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
would a towbar affect the reverse sensors? I'm going to fit one like Bobsabuilder's just fitted but wont bother with the sensors if the towbar's going to fool them all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Dienamic said:
would a towbar affect the reverse sensors? I'm going to fit one like Bobsabuilder's just fitted but wont bother with the sensors if the towbar's going to fool them all the time.
i have just come in from doing mine, same make as OP. Have a towbar and works fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Just finished fitting mine & well made up :D :D
only cost me £23.94 - now on sale at £18.95 + P&P (+ £5 for hole cutter)

Big thanks to macman for passing on the info & writing an excellent guide - Cheers mate :wink:

Not sure about the done in an hour though it took me at least 2 :shock:
but for anyone else thats thinking about it........trust me if i can do it anyone can!
 
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Top