Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. i have just fitted new rims and tyes. now i am getting a howling noise from the front above 20mph. the tyres arnt rubbing on anything . im at a loss can anyone advise ?
Andy

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
You've got super aggressive mud terrains. They will make a lot of road noise, it will get a bit less as the sharp edges wear.

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
If you want to see how loud it is, get a wife/friend/mistress to drive half a mile away and then drive past you.

Guaranteed that you will hear it long before you see it!

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
I'd bet she's a terrible driver through. The downside is that there will be no sneaking home at 2am, those tires will wake up half the street.

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Hey, call me immature, but I really like the howl off my tyres. Aggressive tyres, the truck is off road a lot, but with more road use they get louder. As they gradually flatten out with wear.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well if my ones get louder as they wear i will sound like a 747 on take off
i thought the more they wear they will become quiter

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
...i thought the more they wear they will become quiter
Nope. They will get louder with more tar use. That's a fact.

I will admit; sometimes I have to close the window because the drone on a long road is too much.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh dear. i do like the look of them i will see how long i can put up with the noise. thanks for the advice

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
For sure, see how you get on. Probably a matter of personal preference.

In my case, I need mud treads. But also, even with tar issues (wet handling, noise, etc etc), I love the look of them and for me, mud tyres make the truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts