Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I am looking at going to scotland snowboarding, but need some help and information.

I have only ever been scotland once before ( not in winter), and was wondering where the best place is to go snowboarding?
I've had a couple of lessons but my son wants to start. However he is to young to have lessons as you have to be 12 or over on dry slopes.

So i need any information on the best places to go and what are the best months to go?

Thanks
Daz

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Ive been to Aviemore in January, not to sky, but to holiday and sight see.

Needless to say there was lots of snow, and its a great ski village with a big mountain with a ski place at teh top :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Les Alps? :?

Nowhere in Scotland gets the guaranteed snow it used to so it is pretty much hit and miss. (I was brought up during the 70/80's 30mins from the Cairngorms so had the ideal time and place to learn to ski :D Happy days! - Most weekends from October to April). Nowadays, I'd say if any of the resorts gets a good couple of weeks snow and weather a season they are lucky. They also get packed out as it is a very trendy sport too.

The downside of being a learner is you spend a lot of the time on your backside / getting wet. It does not help motivate you if the weather is also miserable and wet with patchy snow and mud.

I'd seriously consider picking the right time of the year and flying to one of the European resorts to learn the basics. There must be some good deals from your neck of the woods...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.