Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, my navara is a 66 plate and the sat nav could do with being updated (got a few new roads where i live and it looks like I'm off roading :) ) I called the local dealers to ask about getting an updated SD Card and nearly passed out at the price. With VAT it would cost £110. Happy to use my iphone and google maps but just wanted to know if any of you have upgraded and have i just been quoted over the odds. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
Cheaper than the D40, and you may not even find your new roads are on the latest version.

Car manufacturers are way behind mobile phones.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I took mine in for service and asked them to upgrade any software and they updated the maps for us - no charge on top of what the service itself was.

Perhaps try the same but be rather persuasive...?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks, my navara is a 66 plate and the sat nav could do with being updated (got a few new roads where i live and it looks like I'm off roading :) ) I called the local dealers to ask about getting an updated SD Card and nearly passed out at the price. With VAT it would cost £110. Happy to use my iphone and google maps but just wanted to know if any of you have upgraded and have i just been quoted over the odds. Thanks in advance.
I just completed an update today and it works perfectly.

It is a shame that the Nissan Dealerships are completely clueless when it comes to customer support.

It is best to do the updates yourself.

With some research I determined that the unit's maps are registered with Planet Electronics and the Navigation Headunit supplied by CASKA.
Naviextras supports the maps and have a number of options to choose from to determine the correct update.

So, you should have the SD card with the TomTom maps on it. To do an update, you have to register with www.navixtras.com and then download the "Toolbox" application onto your PC. Once that is done, you then insert you SD card into the pc and the program will pick it up and indicate if there are any updates available.
It was fairly quick. First do a backup and then update.

I hope that this works for you too - Cheers

·
Registered
52 Posts
Out of interest I've been looking at this on mine, so I have a 2016.5 (66 plate) NP300 and the SD card is a Nissan Connect 3 Europe V2 Part No. T1000-25802. The latest 2020 version is V5 and Nissan quote £109 for this. I note that if your vehicle is under 3 yrs old then it should be covered by Nissan MapCare so updates within this period are free .... wish I had known this before. Have a look at this link Nissan | Navigation System GPS Map Update Home

It also looks like as the maps are stored on SD card there is no other way to update other than replacing the SD card, certainly not on mine anyway. Some other Nissans it would appear that you can download the updates, transfer to USB and then update your Infotainment system via a menu option.

Had a quick Google and there seems to be plenty of places selling genuine Nissan V5 cards for around £35 ... no idea how if Nissan want £109 for the same thing, go figure.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Out of interest I've been looking at this on mine, so I have a 2016.5 (66 plate) NP300 and the SD card is a Nissan Connect 3 Europe V2 Part No. T1000-25802. The latest 2020 version is V5 and Nissan quote £109 for this. I note that if your vehicle is under 3 yrs old then it should be covered by Nissan MapCare so updates within this period are free .... wish I had known this before. Have a look at this link Nissan | Navigation System GPS Map Update Home

It also looks like as the maps are stored on SD card there is no other way to update other than replacing the SD card, certainly not on mine anyway. Some other Nissans it would appear that you can download the updates, transfer to USB and then update your Infotainment system via a menu option.

Had a quick Google and there seems to be plenty of places selling genuine Nissan V5 cards for around £35 ... no idea how if Nissan want £109 for the same thing, go figure.

View attachment 63922
The new systems update automatically online through the embedded sim link!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Will that just update for ever, like free maps for life. Or is it like mine was ... after 3 yrs you have to pay.
If I remember correctly its up to 4 updates a year and 3 yrs !
Not sure whats going to happen as Nissan have just dropped Tomtom as mapping providers so wait and see and are using google now. Out of choice if going somewhere new I use WAZE as it gives you speed cam warning as well as other interesting warnings one of the joys of AA on the new screen. Waze has up to date mapping pretty much immediately the roads change including roadworks contra flows etc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts