Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick message , my zd30 diesel motor has no power , have fully rebuilt it up from block up , fitted new injector pump and injectors , new head , need help in finding what i have done wrong as to having no full power , is it possible that i may have the ting chain one link out of line if so would this cause it to have no power , starts ok revs out to over 4000 revs but struggles to get to 95 lkm per hour what have a done wrong NO CODES CODES COMING , NEED HELP PLEASE , ONE MORE QUESTION ,HAVE A BAD OIL LEAK AT THE TOP BACK OF THE HEAD , IS THERE A OIL LINE PIPE AT THE BACK OF THE HEAD THAT I MAY HAVE OVER LOOKED OR IS IT THE COVER GASKET PLEASE REPLY BACK TO ME TO HELP ME GET MY UTE UP AND RUNNING WITH FULL POWER PLEASE
MANT THANKS LOOKING FOR SOME GREAT HELP CHEERS WELSHY1

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts
Hello Welshy1, is your Nav a D40? I would have thought with that engine and age it’s going to be a D22, although as I’m not sure where you are from, I can’t really say for sure what was offered in your market.

Either way, this is not a “how to” guide. I have moved this to the Q&A section. If it turns out you do in fact have a D22, reply here and I’ll move this to the D22 section.

Globally, the ZD30 was not widely used in the Navara and it may be worth adding your questions on a Patrol forum too.

Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi guys , i have fully rebuilt my sd22 disel motor from scratch , new pump and injectors set the timing as per manual , ALL SPOT ON , started her up let it run in and then took her for a run , NO POWER AS BEFORE REBUILD , MOTORS SOUNDS VERY DOUGHY WHEN STARTING , REVS OUT TO OVER 4500 REVS , ,MAP OK, FUEL SYSTEM ALL OK , BLOCKED OFF EXHAUST ETC, NO FAULTS , ,WHAT DO I DO TO FIX THIS NO POWER IN 3RD AND FOURTH GEAR , SENSERS ARE ALL OK , DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO LOOK FOR , ONE QUICK QUESTION , AT WHAT ANGLE SHOULD THE VERY FRONT CAMS BE FACING LOOKED AT A VIDEO ON LINE AND IT SHOWED THEM LINING UP THE RIGHT HAND SIDE LOOKING FROM THE FRONT WITH THE CAM LOBE FACING TO THE RIGHT , IS THIS CORRECT , ,I BELIEVE BOTH SHOULD BE FACING THE SAME WAY WHICH IS FACING TO THE LEFT , NEED URGENT HELP PLEASE GUYS ON THIS , MANY THANK ,WELSHY1

·
Administrator
12,699 Posts
Hi there, you have posted in the NP300 2015 on section, it sounds like you have a D22, is that right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there, you have posted in the NP300 2015 on section, it sounds like you have a D22, is that right?
yes it is mate , sorry for the stuff up, need real. good info on this one , DONT KNOW WHERE TO LOOK NOW ,any qualified Nissan man help please cheers welshy1

·
Administrator
12,699 Posts
Just to be clear, was it doing this before the rebuild?

From your pm, it's a 2003 model. I moved your previous post into here too.

Just to be really clear, you have a standard 2.5 litre engine? I don't understand why you have called it SD 22, or is that a typo?

If so, assuming you put it together right, I would be looking at the fuel pump.

Hopefully somebody with detailed knowledge will come along.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
than
Hello Welshy1, is your Nav a D40? I would have thought with that engine and age it’s going to be a D22, although as I’m not sure where you are from, I can’t really say for sure what was offered in your market.

Either way, this is not a “how to” guide. I have moved this to the Q&A section. If it turns out you do in fact have a D22, reply here and I’ll move this to the D22 section.

Globally, the ZD30 was not widely used in the Navara and it may be worth adding your questions on a Patrol forum too.

Good luck
ks mate will look it up cheers welshy1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts