Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I want to modify my standard D22 to use like a "technical" without guns :D If I can use it against an MoD LandRover Defender Wolf I'll be happy.... :)) So, please help me with a list of parts (and sources for) to cover:

- Rised air intake.
- Lifting body kit (suspension)
- BFGoodrich AllTerrain is obvious :D
- Winch (witch model of Warn?)

and any idea you have is welcome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Warn winches are good but a bit overpriced (selling on the name). Plenty of other makes around just as good, most actually come from the same factory. Look around and ask a few people who have got other brands.

Just like the mickey tompsons, come out of the same factory as Cooper tyres. Coopers are a bit cheaper though

·
Registered
3 Posts
look for a brand called premier winches in real life tests 4wd action did scored better than any brand very well priced too :thumbleft:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I have toyo MT's, similar tread to cooper STT and they are extreamly good off road.

I have been modding up my Nav for a while and I love showing people up who think it wont go any where! I strongly suggest getting some body protection. I have an ARB front winch bumper and a custom tubular rear bumper, due to the length of the Nav the front and rear end will dig in so it is handy to bulldose you way through! Slidders and under body protection are on there way.

I am finding the front steering/suspension to be week, so am considering options strengthening this or a live axel conversion.

·
Registered
91 Posts
under body protection because of the wheelbase is a must.. asfir do a great ally plate that I rate highly, some people say steel is better but mine has taken some enormous drops and bangs and has faired excelently. The rear springs are soft so great for off road unles you are planning to carry any sort of weight, then add a leaf. Ive raised the rear of mine 2.5 inches using extended shackles for a series landrover, this gives it great articulation. at the front ive taken of the anti roll bar with no detriment to on road handling, and it slightly compensates for the loss of movement from winding up the torsion bars. TJM do great snorkles and my Champion winch has never let me down, but i do concede it has no badge appeal. In all Ive spent around £900 modifiying mine and it out performs most landrovers unless they have had full lockers fitted. Dont believe the hype about Landrovers the are good but not the all conquering heros their owners make them out to be. Their main advantage is the 4wd for the road and if thats an issue get a Landcruiser. :salute:
also BFG all terrains can out perform some mud terrains if driven well

·
Premium Member
13,825 Posts
if you want to know everything technical about winches, read the link in this thread:-
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3855
Also fit breathers to the front and rear diffs to keep the water out, and I think there are holes in the gearbox bell housing you can plug aswell :thumbleft:

·
Registered
18 Posts
recomends BFG A/Ts, they love loose rocky stuff especially, and you listen to music on the way home instead of muddies howling.

extend your diff breathers up somewhere high (mine are up on fire wall just under bonnet and under rear window in canopy) and put proper diff breather filters on them

cheers

·
Registered
91 Posts
BFG A/T are fantastic, they will go most places muddies go unless its really sticky, and yes extend the diff breather. Ive had mine up to the windscreen with a bow wave on Strata Florida with no problems except the radiator needed to be cleaned off because the gills got clogged but it just brushed off

1 - 12 of 12 Posts