Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im seriously looking to buy one of these. Had a test drrive in L200, Ranger and Navara ( all 'old' pre reg models) Definatly prefer the Navara due to the extra power, but am a little bit concerned over the bad reports of reliability issues that I have read. They seem to be affecting the new D40? Is this correct? Are there any things to look out for on a D22 of around 03 age dependant on milage other than the camchain tensioners?
Thanks Andy

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
reliability depends on the build number, there have been many recalls.

mine was built Jan 2006 and is number 83000 ( yep eight hundred and thirty thousand )

The only problem i have had with mine, is the rear Nissan plastic reversing sensors falling off, and my seat belt not returning.

I never drove any other make of Pickup as the NAVARA is simply the best,

I did walk up too a new L200 but just ended up Laughing at it, as it looks like a bumble bee !! ( bit of a ladies vehicle )

G

·
Brian the Snail said:
mine was built Jan 2006 and is number 83000 ( yep eight hundred and thirty thousand )
brian, eigthy three thousand mate...(powers gone to his head) ohh did i think that aloud. :D

seriously mate ,re the seat belt return ..was that the drivers side cos mines not going back fully..did nissan do the job quick and without fuss..

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
83 thousand ive just double checked :oops:

G

·
att said:
D22 good...D40.....Pile of ****, just look at the tech forums to confirm this.
you really got to give the d40 a chance to show its colours....with all the advanced features the d40's got ,its miles better than all the competion and the d22...

·
Registered
202 Posts
scarey said:
att said:
D22 good...D40.....Pile of ****, just look at the tech forums to confirm this.
you really got to give the d40 a chance to show its colours....with all the advanced features the d40's got ,its miles better than all the competion and the d22...
Sorry, but I am old school, I read "advanced features" as....More things to go wrong.
I would have bought a D40 mysen, but after much research have decided to stay with the D22......Zero probs in 21000 miles and two years, and I treat it like s***.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
As you may or may not know, when a new model is released by a manufacturer there are often "issues" with some of the earlier vehicles.... Do you remember the Merc A class!!!!!

Look up the recalls / faults and they all refer to early production run.

So buying a new D40 NOW is the right thing to do.

I'm loving mine :mrgreen:

Bob

·
Registered
82 Posts
att said:
D22 good...D40.....Pile of s***, just look at the tech forums to confirm this.
Mines an 06 plate, no probs and no recalls. Are you telling me you wouldn't swap if someone were to offer you one??? :lol: :lol: :roll:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Dienamic said:
att said:
D22 good...D40.....Pile of s***, just look at the tech forums to confirm this.
Mines an 06 plate, no probs and no recalls. Are you telling me you wouldn't swap if someone were to offer you one??? :lol: :lol: :roll:
I am indeed, I do not suffer fools at all, not even gladly :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
[/quote]

seriously mate ,re the seat belt return ..was that the drivers side cos mines not going back fully..did nissan do the job quick and without fuss..[/quote]

Spoke to dealer today regarding seatbelt. They tell me they have to go through a series of procedures to rectify before they can make it a warranty replacement issue. So mine now has to go for in a third time :roll: Yes, drivers side, I keep slamming the door on the buckle.

G

·
Big Kahuna said:
They tell me they have to go through a series of procedures to rectify before they can make it a warranty replacement issue.
do you know what they actually do...do they spray wd40 into it or what...

·
Registered
51 Posts
scarey said:
Big Kahuna said:
They tell me they have to go through a series of procedures to rectify before they can make it a warranty replacement issue.
do you know what they actually do...do they spray wd40 into it or what...
First time they just cleaned the dirt off the surface which had built up. Had done that myself a couple of times previously. Second time they fitted stickers between the belt and the bracket on the door pillar. God knows what comes next. I just want them to replace it with one that works.

·
Registered
11 Posts
rotary588 said:
Hi, Im seriously looking to buy one of these. Had a test drrive in L200, Ranger and Navara ( all 'old' pre reg models) Definatly prefer the Navara due to the extra power, but am a little bit concerned over the bad reports of reliability issues that I have read. They seem to be affecting the new D40? Is this correct? Are there any things to look out for on a D22 of around 03 age dependant on milage other than the camchain tensioners?
Thanks Andy
The only things i don't like about the D-22 are :
The drivers seat doesn't go back far enough for me to feel comfortable (I'm 6'2)
The overall feel is a lot more agricultural compared to the D-40, they feel a generation away to drive IMO.

·
Registered
515 Posts
be fair all cars have re calls but not everyone has the faults.mines a d22 seat belts dont return,timing chains just done,wiring to headlights burnt out.had trouble with tracking. but all now sorted .i love it i wouldnt swap for D 40. ACTUALLY IM LYING IF ANYONE IS GIVING EM AWAY SEND IT MY WAY.
Neil

·
Registered
51 Posts
scarey said:
seriously mate ,re the seat belt return ..was that the drivers side cos mines not going back fully..did nissan do the job quick and without fuss..
Drivers side..yes. Now going in Wednesday to be replaced (Under Warranty)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts