Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...................... useless :roll:






absolutely useless.................







I am a 2nd rate human in their eyes :x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate, is there a particular problem that they can't sort, or are they just generally rude and incompetent?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
completely rude & incompetent, simple as :x


I have been waiting 6 months for a couple of parts to replace by warranty (drivers seat belt, leather seat base), when I took it in they stated 10mins to have a look at it & confirm the parts needed................... I was kept waiting over 1.5hrs :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
That's really bad - they could easily have assessed what needed ordering in a few minutes...

If you are really struggling, I have contacts at Widnes Car Centre (used to work there many moons ago), probably only 45 mins away from you??

Let me know if you ever need me to prepare them for a visit from you, it would be no problem.

Ezz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ezzer said:
That's really bad - they could easily have assessed what needed ordering in a few minutes...

If you are really struggling, I have contacts at Widnes Car Centre (used to work there many moons ago), probably only 45 mins away from you??

Let me know if you ever need me to prepare them for a visit from you, it would be no problem.

Ezz.
Cheers Ezz, my thought exactly!

Yeah Widnes (is it still smelly there!?) is about 45mins away, it would be quicker going there than Slaters!



I asked for a courtesy car when it goes in to have the warranty work done, to which they replied "it will be quite a while before we can book it in if you want a courtesy car"............ so they are driving me home, then picking me up when it's done, what sort of setup is this!!! :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
Firestarter said:
ezzer said:
That's really bad - they could easily have assessed what needed ordering in a few minutes...

If you are really struggling, I have contacts at Widnes Car Centre (used to work there many moons ago), probably only 45 mins away from you??

Let me know if you ever need me to prepare them for a visit from you, it would be no problem.

Ezz.
Cheers Ezz, my thought exactly!

Yeah Widnes (is it still smelly there!?) is about 45mins away, it would be quicker going there than Slaters!



I asked for a courtesy car when it goes in to have the warranty work done, to which they replied "it will be quite a while before we can book it in if you want a courtesy car"............ so they are driving me home, then picking me up when it's done, what sort of setup is this!!! :evil:
Yes, Widnes still smells :lol:

There is often a slight delay if you need a courtesy car, a few days maybe, but it sounds like they are not too well organised.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
do not get me started on the nissan dealership network..........******* useless. it took me 3 month and four dealerships to get a 24hr test drive :evil:
they were awful people who let young ill trained muppets try and sell cars no wonder they loose money! when i went to the dealer to collect the test vehicle (which was for 24hrs remember) they said i would have to have back to them for 5pm the same day! so i said to the sales monkey i had set it up with the sales manager, he replyed it was the sales manager who told him it had to be back. so i sent him off to get the manager who came over and his exact words were "in my book 24hr drive is 9-5" i could not beleive it! anyhow after a bit of a row and me insisting to speak to the dealer priciple he backed down.
so then we moved on to doing a deal all they would do is knock £500 off list or no deal!! so i walked out and brought one off the net for 22k inc VAT and had it delivered to my door.
and now i am supposed to have faith in there service department.

not just nissan though Mercedes and bmw were rude and not interested!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jayk said:
do not get me started on the nissan dealership network..........******* useless. it took me 3 month and four dealerships to get a 24hr test drive :evil:
they were awful people who let young ill trained muppets try and sell cars no wonder they loose money! when i went to the dealer to collect the test vehicle (which was for 24hrs remember) they said i would have to have back to them for 5pm the same day! so i said to the sales monkey i had set it up with the sales manager, he replyed it was the sales manager who told him it had to be back. so i sent him off to get the manager who came over and his exact words were "in my book 24hr drive is 9-5" i could not beleive it! anyhow after a bit of a row and me insisting to speak to the dealer priciple he backed down.
so then we moved on to doing a deal all they would do is knock £500 off list or no deal!! so i walked out and brought one off the net for 22k inc VAT and had it delivered to my door.
and now i am supposed to have faith in there service department.

not just nissan though Mercedes and bmw were rude and not interested!!

sound pretty much the same as Slaters!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
We've had more than our fair share of issues with this dealership.

Prior to buying my current navara there, we bought a Nissan kubistar there, it had a list of faults as long as my arm, a few months on and several 100 mile round trips to sort issues, most problems got sorted, except for one- the windscreen wash bottle would empty itself within 10 mins of starting to drive- 3 times I took the van into the dealer with this problem, and the 3 times I was told there was no fault with the van and it must be that I was over using the windscreen washers!

Eventually, fed up of having to manually throw water on the windscreen we took the van to our local mechanic, which at first glance found our windowless rear doors had a washer pipe plumbed up to the underside of the rear doors, this then syphoned the water out from the bottle fitted at the front! Result! The most frustrating thing about the whole thing- is that we had to pay our local mechanic to sort something that should have been sorted under warranty!

The navara we bought there also has had a similar story, details of which can found in another section of this forum!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
I'll never buy a thing from slaters, they are utterly woeful.

They sold my father a year old Isuzu pickup for about £15-16k, he unfortunately passed away about 8 months later, in my fuzzy head stage, I regrettably asked if they would be interested in buying it back. They offered me £6'500. He'd done 1k miles in it, and it was tidier than when they sold the thing to him. No joke. Crooks.

Thing is, Chester is just as woeful.

As mentioned above, I find buying cars off the internet far less hassle.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top