Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this has been asked a million times, yet any help would be appreciated.

I just recently purchased a 2005 D22 and am looking at getting a lift-kit. I have rung my local ARB, TJM and even my 4wd enthusiast mate, and all the advice has been different.

So, what do you recommend? Old man emu? Rancho? What will give me the best lift?

And if I do get enough lift from one of the above, could I (and would it be advisable) to put a 75 profile tyre under it. How wide can I go? 255? 265?

Yup, me lost. Any help would be nice.

Del.

·
Registered
221 Posts
G-day Del 76 welcome to the forum.

Where are you from?.....there is a lot more suspension lifts available in Australia than The UK.
Do you carry much weight in the back?
Do you have a bull bar and winch?
How high do you want to go?
265/75 all terrain or mud terrain?
What colour are your undies?? :? :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Navara-au,

1.Sunny Western Australia.
2. Nothing in the tray except ute-box. Less than 100kg.
3. Steel bull-bar. Want to put a winch on.
4. How high? Tow inches is legal, so I suppose that would be the go.
5. Will be putting on A/T's. Most radical would be a Cooper S/T.
6. Always been a boxer guy myself.

Hope the above helps. Would love any advice.

Del.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I have put 265/75 BFG ATs on mine and its not lifted (yet!) I had to take the front mud guards off tho. Great tyres I strongly recomend them!

Im also intrested in any info any one has on lifts, I will be getting OME kit soon but dont no what springs/shockers to put on the back, most of the time I dont have much in the back, but do take heavy loads occasionaly.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thomas,
I put medium OME springs on my D40. I previously put heavy duty on a car and regretted it as I never really carry a lot of really heavy weight and when it was unloaded it bounced like the axle was hard welded to the chassis.

If for some reason I was going to lug a serious load, my theory is that I'd add air assisters like Guy did on his D40.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well the cheap way out of it is to tighten up the front torsion bar and install bigger shackles in the rear. That will give you the lift you want.......also it is illegal to do that.

Basically if your going to do the suspension you should replace all the shocks, rear springs and front torsion bar (everything needs to match). Try and use all the same brand. You will want a heavy torsion bar in the front to handle the weight of the bull bar and winch, and light to medium leaf springs in the rear.

There is a mob in W.A. that manufactures there own spring and suspension, but bugged if I can remember there name.

Lots of different brands on the market. I have EFS suspension on My D40 giving me a 2" lift, they give a 100 000 km/ 3 year warranty and are reasonably priced. ARB is a pretty safe bet although they are some times dear. I have heard some bad reports about rancho/tough dog and Iron man.

As for tyres 75's should fit now but will be better with a lift. Coopers, BFG'S and bridgestone seem to be the more popular brands.

Boxer's hey.... :wink:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Aussie Friends,
Please step away from the underwear discussions.... :shock: :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts