Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my 2006 D40 STX diesel auto suddenly developed a problem today on my way home from work. I put it into drive and press the accelerator and it is really slow to take off. Engine revs ok but it is like the gearbox is in the wrong gear or something. Once you get up a bit of speed and the car is moving the gearbox responds normally to the accelerator input. If I have to stop on a hill it can barely get away and on the flat it is not much better. I have tried it in 1st and 2nd gear and the same issue occurs. Issue does not occur in reverse.
Any thoughts or people who have had the same problem and can give me some advice. It would be much appreciated.
Thanks

·
Administrator
12,985 Posts

First thing is to have a read through this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Further to my initial post, when you first start the car and put it into drive and take off the gearbox is in 1st gear. The car is lucky to go 10 metres and the gearbox changes to what i think is 3rd or 4th gear. You continue driving and when you have to stop the car the gearbox does not change down to 1st gear again. It is not an engine issue as once you get moving the acceleration and power are normal. Also the engine braking that you can use when going downhill by lighting touching the brake is gone.
Thanks in advance on any help or previous experience with this problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts