Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2nd hand Snug Top and have clamped it on all ok.

Does anyone know what wiring the XTR top should have?

Its got remote unlocking, high level brake light and interior light.
The previous guy just cut the wiring where it went behind his liner, so now I have 2 twin cables at the N/S/R corner.
One pair is Black/Red and the other is Black/Red with Pink tracer.
The Black/Red pair is thicker guage wire than the other.

I assume one pair must be for the brake light (Black/Red with tracer?)
so does the other pair feed the control box for the unlocking and interior light?
Is this a permanent feed or switched or via a relay - any ideas?

A couple of pics of the top fitted:

Cheers,
Bob

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers JayK

I took the dogs out and thought the Nav looked good enough for a couple of pics!

Not go around to my wiring yet. . .

Anyone know how it should be done?

Bob

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have the same top but am in Gairloch just now and had too many to drink. If its not been resolved by the weekend I will have a look at mine for you.

Steve

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just had a look at mine and cant seem to work out where they all go.

Colours going into the snugtop seem to bare no relation to those going into the interior light nor the remote locking device.

Sorry

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I noticed the wires were different colours, I assume the remote locking box also controls the interior light.

I'm more interested in finding out about the feed to the control box - where it should come from and if its via a relay or fused etc.

Thanks anyway.

Bob

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi bob, like the pics.. Where were they taken?

Somewhere along the bank of the ouse would be my guess?

Matt

P.S. I know ***** about wiring, so I ain't even gonna pretend.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good Guess Matt!

Wiring is not a problem to me and I'll be able to do the snugtop quite easily.

I'm just wanting to know what the official way is so that in the case of any warranty work on the Nav, Nissan can't use "its not wired up correctly" against me.

Bob

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had my reply from Snugtop today(shortened it for posting):

Dear Mr Bobsabuilder

Your enquiry has been forwarded to me for attention.

There is no problem hard wiring the Snugtop if you do not need to remove it after fitting. If it is your intention to remove the top at any point the wiring needs a suitable multi plug fitting to enable this to be done.

An XTR Snugtop requires a fused permanent live feed to the remote unlocking system. This feed also supplies the power to the interior light and should be fitted with a 10 amp in line fuse. The feed is best taken direct from the battery using twin core cable and taking the earth from the battery too. Do not be tempted to take a short cut and earth the system to the truck bed as this is isolated from the chassis and may not give a good earth.

The thicker pair of wires is the brake light wiring and the thinner pair supply the remote unlocking and interior light. In each case the black wire is the earth. The unlocking system contains a blocking diode which prevents damage due to accidental reversal of polarity.

If you would like to supply me with a fax number I'll fax some fitting instructions when I've unearthed them from the bomb site which is my desk.

Should you need to fit multi plugs we have them available at £20 + vat per set inc carriage.

Best Regards,

Jobsa Goodun

Service Manager

Thats all I needed to know...
Think I will fit my own multiplugs in case I need to remove it in future.

Big thanks to SnugTop UK for the info

Bob

·
Registered
566 Posts
Bob,
Thats a good chunk of information, I'm impressed they passed in on and offered the fax. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks Bob ,
everything I needed! I've just bought a second hand1 with no instructions so cheers !!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Over 6 year's since I posted that up!
I only ever got around to doing the brake light, wasnt bothered about remote locking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've just wired up the break lights, I tested the remote locking but it seems a bit temperamental. So just goin to use the brake lights only!!

Bob that's the best thing bout this forum, 6 years on and it still good info!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts