Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just got a D40 with a Snugtop. There is a small round button with a red light fixed to the centre console behind the gear lever. It seems to be something to do with the Snugtop and might be the lock release but it lights up red when I start up then goes out after a while. It also beeps sometimes for no obvious reason.
Can anyone enlighten me as to its purpose?
Thanks

·
Registered
722 Posts
Can you post a picture of it. I don't think it's something standard on the navara, so I think you are going to take a look and see what it does when you flick the switch.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mobile version of the forum does not have the drag-and-drop box...

Anyway, the small round button behind the gear shift with the little red light. The red light comes on sometimes when I start up, especially if I reverse. It also has a beeper that can be slow or fast.

Anyone any idea what this is? Could it something to do with the Snugtop security system??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,742 Posts
The mobile version of the forum does not have the drag-and-drop box...
No It's not the best for functionality, you manage though.

Anyway, the small round button behind the gear shift with the little red light. The red light comes on sometimes when I start up, especially if I reverse. It also has a beeper that can be slow or fast.

Anyone any idea what this is? Could it something to do with the Snugtop security system??
It does look like it's security system related, what makes you think it's to do with the Snugtop?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it is clearly not a standard item and the truck had its OEM alarm system, I guess.

What else can it be? It does not unlock the rear window.

I could just ignore it, if if wasn't for all the beeping!

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Rear window heater?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No rear screen heater, so not that.

The truck has OEM reversing sensors and camera, so not that either.

However, Just found this little black box screwed to the headliner inside the Snugtop... I think it might be a volumetric alarm sensor? The little button would then be for disabling it when you have dogs, or such, in the back. Still not sure why it makes all the beeps though.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Opened up box and found inside:

A relay
A pair of fuses
A little black box (with a serial number that doesn't register on Goggle)
A little red push button switch

Has to be an alarm system of some sort...at least I might be able to pull the fuses and stop the stupid thing from beeping at me!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
If it comes on when you reverse and beeps slow or fast is it parking sensor related?

Sorry sack that idea - just read another thread higher up!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think the mystery might be resolved... The switch is for the front and rear parking sensors. I had assumed that these were original Nissan equipment but I now realise that the owners manual makes no mention of them.

Can anyone confirm whether this '63 plate truck had these sensors available as a factory option? If not, the original owner must have had them fitted later.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts