Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

did a little upgrade on my truck.
Since I own that beast I always wanted to get rid of the all the chrome parts. I do not like chrome, never did, never will.
So I took my ride to the paint shop and here's the result of the spraymaster's work...

1. Grill and mirror caps now in original truck color
2. Hub caps in matt black

The rear bumper is my next project. Either truck color paint or 3rd party replacement bumper, I am still undecided...

(Pics were taken /w my cellphone camera in twilight, so sorry for the quality)

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think it looks good too, although my own personal taste would have been to match the wheels with the grey running boards and roof rails to see how that looked first, perhaps on the computer.....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hello guys, and thx for your comments, really appreciated.

As for the bumper, the one that I had in mind can be seen here: http://www.escape4x4.de/hd-heckstostange-nissan-navara-d40/d-73488/. It's a German website, but the pics are important, not the text. :wink2:

The bumper is made of 5mm thick steel, galvanized, already black coated and according to its manufacturer very stable as well. Ok, I know, every manufacturer wants to sell his products so he advertises them accordingly. Again, the biggest problem will be our TÜV (Technical Control Board, comparable to your MOT) as the bumper does not come with a valid EU-certificate - therfore its use won't be legal here until beeing officially certified.

But before I purchase the bumper I will give Plastidip a try. Some guys in a German Nissan forum already used Plastidip on their original bumpers and the results look pretty promising. Anyway, a good argument for Plastidip are the costs.

The Bumper is at 550 Euro - including a rollercoaster ride with our TÜV engineers and an incalculable ending on the certification process, whereas a can of Plastidip comes for 15 Euro and includes probably just an hour time for the prep and spray work.

The rims in the color of the running boards or roof rails were never in question.
That does not mean it wouldn't look good due to everyones personal taste, but I always wanted black rims.

I’ll keep you updated on the projects. Again, thx for your comments and forgive me any of my english errors.

Eric

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been quite a while. But I keep my pomises.

I never liked those many chrome parts on my truck, that's why I wanted to get rid of 'em by using PlastiDip, yet the chrome grill and the chrome mirror caps were the only parts that became painted in truck color. However, today I finished the rear bumper. I like the result, the PlastiDip is very efficient and has good flow characteristics. For convenience the bumper and all of its plastic parts as well as the license plate and its lighting were demounted respectively removed. Thoroughly cleaned and degreased I sprayed four layers of PlastiDip and let it dry over night. I used a 325 ml can and there's still 1/4 left.

Next dipping project will be the rims.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little bit more Plastidpping on my truck.

I used the 1/4 rest in the can (325 ml) that was left from bumper dipping and did the lettering and the emblems. The yellow reflective truck stripes (3M) are for a safety project. I might remove them later.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts