Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I hope someone can help me I went to the service station with my Nissan Navara d40 late last night I had a quarter of a tank after been driving and unloaded car for the last week stupid me put unleaded in as I realised I have already pumped 15 L in I had no choice but to just Then fill it to the brim with diesel I drove not even 10 km home and it went fine I have an 80 L diesel tank in that tank I have 65 L of diesel and 15 L of unleaded what is my best option does it have a drain plugs that I can just easily drain it out with possibly then emptying the diesel filter and re-priming it once I have put fresh diesel in the tank do I really have to take the diesel tank off the vehicle as a lot of posts on Google have told me so even thinking about trying to oldschool milk it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.
cheers

·
Administrator
15,894 Posts
Generally 5% petrol in diesel is ok. You have 25% which is too much.

Some insurance policies cover misfuelling, check your policy documents.

The RAC will drain it for you, not cheap, but cheaper than a new injector pump ( it runs at 22,000psi so correct lubrication is essential)

DIY, suggest you drain out 40 to 50 litres and brim it with diesel. Easiest way is with a small 12v pump and some tube, can you get one from Amazon next day?

I strongly recommend you don't drive it like it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Generally 5% petrol in diesel is ok. You have 25% which is too much.

Some insurance policies cover misfuelling, check your policy documents.

The RAC will drain it for you, not cheap, but cheaper than a new injector pump ( it runs at 22,000psi so correct lubrication is essential)

DIY, suggest you drain out 40 to 50 litres and brim it with diesel. Easiest way is with a small 12v pump and some tube, can you get one from Amazon next day?

I strongly recommend you don't drive it like it is.
That’s what I keep coming back to. but I was going to drain the lot and refill it. I’ll definitely try this today before even putting the key in. Thank u for ur advice.
cheers.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i put £15 in once just kept refilling the tank with diesel that ws on a discovery 3 never had issues after well i sold it 6 months later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts