Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Nivara has a really bad tyre noise from inside cab you can't hear it outside. It's running on standard goodyear tyres, but only started 3 weeks ago. Does anybody have any suggestions on what this could be?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive tried tyre pressures all okay even swopped tyres front to back still the same will have to try wheel alignment thanks

·
Premium Member
15,733 Posts
tractor ron said:
06-80k i had new clutch and nearside wheel bearing in jan this year
Keep an ear to the offside front bearing. :?

Let the noise develop :?:

Check all the windows are closed properly :?:

Have you previously stored something over the cabin air vent ( behind the RNS seat) that you have now moved away?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
re-cabin air vent ive got a king cab their seems to be a vent both sides ithink iam looking at the right thing! should i cover them both over and try it?

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts
When this happened to me, it sounded like someone had set the fan to max speed.

It was a leak at the turbo

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
It is very strange, this symptom for me.

The 'hissing' for me, on a particular D40, is coming from the glove box area. The LP A/C pipe runs close by, but little else A/C related. Yet when I turn it off, it goes away! I am pretty sure it's a serious A/C fault in this case, since the A/C doesn't appear to work very efficiently.

@JDO Did your hissing noise vary pitch with revs, I am guessing?

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts
It is very strange, this symptom for me.

The 'hissing' for me, on a particular D40, is coming from the glove box area. The LP A/C pipe runs close by, but little else A/C related. Yet when I turn it off, it goes away! I am pretty sure it's a serious A/C fault in this case, since the A/C doesn't appear to work very efficiently.

@JDO Did your hissing noise vary pitch with revs, I am guessing?
More or less, yes.

It’s not as easy as a blocked cabin air filter is it?

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
I actually changed the cabin air filter last week during a service.

I get the feeling that the OP is experiencing the identical fault. Which is why I asked about the A/C.

If his truck's 'hissing' stops when A/C is off, then I think we have a match. At which point, I will be 100% further confused!

To further complicate the symptom, the blower fan speed has no effect on the hissing. It just appears, at a constant level when A/C is on. Madness, even with an ear in the passenger foot well, and the glove box removed, I still can't pinpoint it.

My next move is a spray bottle filled with gas leak detection fluid.

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
The A/C doesn't work. I am not suggesting gas is leaking into the cabin!!

I wouldn't like to arrest the OP's thread, but he seems to be experiencing the same symptom.

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
I think I have worked this out.

I have a feeling there could be vacuum control hoses somewhere close by, for controlling A/C.

There could be a leak....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts