Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, hoping for some of your expert advise,
Recently bought a 2008 D22, 2.5ltr twin cab, only had it for about 6 months, starts first turn of the key even on our coldest mornings, let it run for a while to defrost the ice off the windscreen then off to work.
Run's perfectly, fuel economy is better than I expected, I cant fault it.
Here's the thing, it rattles. Sounds like loose tappets,( yes I know thats not the problem, it just sounds like it)
We can also eliminate the timing chains.
Under acceleration its gone, deceleration, its gone, only when cruising at a constant speed its there.
Im leaning towards the injectors as being a possible cause, as they are basicly solinoids and make a sound switching on and off. I dont think they should be audable in the cab though.
Jump in guys,
Any help appreciated. Cheers, Wayne.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
It does sound like injector rattle from your description.

If you do a full reset (disconnect a battery terminal and turn the ignition key) it will go away for a few hundred Kms.
Longer term some injector cleaner through the tank, or Google liqui moly purge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Landmannnn, I had the battery disconected for a few hours last weekend when I fitted H.I.D headlights, so you would think that would reset the ecu. I will give it another go tomorrow.
I add injector cleaner every second tank.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, thats pretty much the rev range, about 2500 and worse when engine is not up to running temp.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2003 d22, it was the belts. was worse with aftermarket ones, found i could only run the genuine nissan belts and they have to be quite tight

·
Super Moderator
4,570 Posts
Navara injectors are quite rattly there basicaly van engines so it's logical to expect all the bangs rattles and sqeeks common to vans of the same age/miles!
But if you really dont want to hear them, I found turning the radio up cures it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a similar problem with my 2003 d22, it was the belts. was worse with aftermarket ones, found i could only run the genuine nissan belts and they have to be quite tight
Very Interesting Doc,
Mine has what looks like the original belts still fitted. They are genuine Nissan belts, and they are OLD.
Will be changing them next day off.
Thanks mate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Navara injectors are quite rattly there basicaly van engines so it's logical to expect all the bangs rattles and sqeeks common to vans of the same age/miles!
But if you really dont want to hear them, I found turning the radio up cures it!
Well gfromleeds, funny you say that,
My next post was going to be, How do I get my Navara stereo to go louder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts