Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next jobs on the list are:
Chequer plate the centre bonnet section (so all the bonnet is virtually done), I was actually thinking of mounting a spare wheel on the bonnet, but after weighing up the pro's and con's I think visibility would be greatly reduced.
Debadge and chequer plate tailgate.
Plastikote the rear chrome bumper and plastic handle surround on the tailgate.
52" LED light bar at the front above windscreen deflector.
22" LED light bar above the front number plate.
And either 2 x rear LED spots on the canopy or another lightbar.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Few more jobs done over the last few days (in between the shocking weather) :frown2:
Complete tailgate chequer plated (pics to follow).
I was going to fit a 20" or 22" light bar on a number plate bracket, like this below:

But after reading a thread on here, I realised I could get a 32" in the recess above the number plate, so I went with that.
32" curved 405 watts.
I then went with a 52" Curved 675 watts for the roof.
Now I've seen a few people with that size lightbar on a Navara, but it's only when it arrived that I realised just how blooming large they are!
I know I should have measured, but I never realised they are wider than the truck lol :grin2:
Luckily I have the over screen visor fitted, otherwise it would have been going back.
The visor has a really sturdy metal frame underneath, so I have used that as a mounting point.
I've had to fashion a couple of brackets out of stuff I already had, but I'm happy with the end result.
Tomorrow I'll wire them in properly.
Not decided yet whether to wire them to main bean, or independently switched for on, or both on the same switch.

·
Super Moderator
4,381 Posts
Managed to get a few more jobs done.
Snorkel now fitted & bonnet chequer plate added.

Rear quarter chequer plate added.

Carried on the 'red' Nismo theme into the interior.

Id speak to a doctor with a knob as red as that!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Loving the evolution of your truck. It's giving me a few ideas!
Any chance of a link to the 20/22 inch light bar?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Loving the evolution of your truck. It's giving me a few ideas!
Any chance of a link to the 20/22 inch light bar?
I went with a 32" in the end.
If I had of gone with a 22", it would have been this one to fit the number plate bracket I was originally going to use:
Just click on the Amazon links to view.
[ame]https://www.amazon.co.uk/WOWLED-Flood-Combo-Offroad-Driving/dp/B01I2OPBMW/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=22%22+light+bar&qid=1565543941&s=gateway&sr=8-5[/ame]
I eventually went with this, which fits in the lower recess with no modification:
[ame]https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DJ49DGQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the speedy reply @Sparkey !
(We don't know what G**gle is is, down in Dorset.!)
The reviews look positive and I think it will do what I want.
Looking forward to see what else you can think of for yours!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As promised the tailgate pic.
Also painted rear bumper and tailgate handle cover.
We are now officially de chromed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Took the black headlight covers off and gave the the headlights a buff, as I've got some Night breaker bulbs coming.
Also for anyone looking for a decent cheap paint buffer/polisher, you can't go far wrong with this:
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8647300

I've used a standard heavy duty buffer for years, until recently when it just died, I took a punt on the one above and I have to say I am very pleased with it.

Headlight on the right done, left one to do:

Both done:

·
Super Moderator
595 Posts
Nice job on the headlight polishing.

I progress through super fine wet & dry grits, final polish, ending with a layer of UV protector - what method do you prefer?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice job on the headlight polishing.

I progress through super fine wet & dry grits, final polish, ending with a layer of UV protector - what method do you prefer?
They weren't bad enough to wet 'n' dry really, just standard G3 compound buff then a good quality resin polish after.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts