Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I have spoken to Steve (incar) and I have chosen an alpine cde-w203ri head unit.

I have checked the forum and I see the front door speakers are 6x9's although they really look like 6" odd types?

If they are 6x9's then why are there tweeters in the dash or is this just for better staging?? Surely if I put in 6x9's in the door which are 3 way speakers then having tweeters in the dash also will be overkill??

I have a Lightning Audio 50w x 4 (rms). Thinking maybe to add a small 10" sub like andy and others have done. Opinions?

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Front door speaker 6x9 stock

Front door speaker 6x9 after maket (and unplug the tweeter in the dash)

Rear door speaker 6 inch stock

Rear door speaker 6 inch after market with MDF spacer ring

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) always got the info ! Thanks Andy !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, I am about to shop for speakers for my truck and i just want to confirm speaker sizes are 6x9's in the front, 6 inch in the back but what about 2 small speakers in the console ? I also understand that most new Double Din units can power these but will an Amp connected to these speakers make sound quality a lot better. Can anyone tell me what they think is a great sounding Package Speaker upgrade setup is ?. Sub ? No Sub, Amps?

·
Super Moderator
336 Posts
Hi there, I am about to shop for speakers for my truck and i just want to confirm speaker sizes are 6x9's in the front, 6 inch in the back but what about 2 small speakers in the console ? I also understand that most new Double Din units can power these but will an Amp connected to these speakers make sound quality a lot better. Can anyone tell me what they think is a great sounding Package Speaker upgrade setup is ?. Sub ? No Sub, Amps?
Sizes are right. I've recently replaced mine so can confirm that. You will be able to adapt the original speaker mounts to fit your new speakers (required to clear the glass). If you are fussy about sound quality though this is not the best way and you'll probably want to make your own adapters to space the speakers out from the door.

I don't think I have any tweeters in the console. I may not have noticed if I do though as I was just replacing failed speakers when I did mine.

·
Administrator
13,996 Posts
On the subwoofer side of things, adding a dedicated sub amp and speaker will make a big difference.
Worth looking at the various kits available to be sure the amp and speaker match nicely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Garybee, As soon as i choose right speakers and adapters i'll look at powered sub box's which their are many, any recommendations from anyone welcome. Has anyone actually taken small console (tweeters) out if they come out easy great or do i have to rip the whole console out to get to them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts