Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Is it possible to add more speakers in the D22? I've heard that some have subs fitted under the rear seats. Any room in the rear doors?

Cheers

·
Registered
581 Posts
I managed to fit a pioneer sub with built in amp behind the rear seat. I will try and find the model number for you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Alpine do an 6.5 inch 150watt amplified sub box. SWD-1600. About £150 if thats any good to you. Space aged loking compact unit.

I am intending to try to get one of 12 inch subs fiited to mine if I can make a bow to put it in!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Suddenly can't spell !!!!! :oops:

Space aged looking unit!! and One of my 12inch subs if I can make a box to fit it in!!!
Obviously not recovered from hangover yet! :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
just uprated my speakers in the Navara..
the fronts fitted fine but had a problem with the rear, the speaker itself is so thin (something to do with the window runners) the installer does not know of an after market speaker that will fit...
we then looked at building a surround to fit a better speaker but the rear seat wont let you...you may be able to fit one if you dont mind cutting the door card up.
I didn't so we fitted a thin sub behind the rear seat...

sounds awesome..
and TBH with this sub you dont need to change the rear speakers...
and I have an Amp powering it all....

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have replaced all my standard speakers also. 6inch Kenwoods in the front(left overs from a previous car) and 6 inch alpines (SXE-1725S)in the rear.
I got them to fit by making an MDF spacer ring and then enlarging the hole in the flat metal bracket to move the speaker in line with the grille in the door card. :shock: So no need to cut the door card and the speaker sits nice in the grille. :)
So trial and error but worth the effort. Need to suss out the amp/sub next and save up for a TV head unit :lol:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Thats the pioneer sub i have fitted in mine and it sounds great.
I also fitted infinity components in the front (mid range and tweeters)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Daz said:
Thats the pioneer sub i have fitted in mine and it sounds great.
I also fitted infinity components in the front (mid range and tweeters)
snap....
tweeters on the dash by the screen?

·
Registered
81 Posts
murph_fan51 said:
Have you got some photos rusty?
I will pull the door card off when I get 5 and take some photo's to show what I mean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I won the sound off last year with my navara much too everyone else who was there suprise. I reached spl (sound pressure levels) of 138.4 db which was pretty cool. I fitted a touch screen 7" alpine dvd player that comes out of the dash and fitted the amp for it under the passenger seat. i Have type s Alpine speakers in all four doors, the rear doors are a problems for fitting due to the windows hitting the magnet, i got around this by instead of fitting pods i just cut out the original guard and fit the speaker to it which clears perfectly. behind the backseat i removed the jack brackets ect and fitted two pioneer ute subs they have very thin magnets and a 1800w alpine digital amp in a solid long box which travels the whole back seat amp in the middle and subs each side.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nice one

Nice one Trav. I have so far fitted an Alpine flip screen head unit with Navigation and Infinity 6" components at the front. I am not touching the rear speakers, as I plan to stick a Pioneer 8" sub behind the rear bench in a PIoneer made custom enclosure that does not take up much space. Results should be cool, without OTT 8)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I want to fit the pioneer sub mentioned... how do you attach it and where? do you just drill the back plate behind the folddown rear seats? as it has a inbuilt amp do you not need to add a stand alone amp?

cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts