Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after few months i realised that the squeaking comes form the front wheels... after engine gets hot tho (or brake pads)?
Anyway, its getting pretty loud now... even driving on gravel makes me feel like i am driving a 1975 Daihatsu pickup truck...

G

·
mine squeeks too - but as I have buggered about with mine - i doubt nissan will honour the warrenty wrt squeeky suspension!

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
I wonder what actural part is making the squeek ?

It might be something that can be easily greased or something.

G

·
cyprus is pretty hot so it might be dry rubbers..have you checked the bonnet rubbers or is it actually coming from the chassis..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

My 56 plate started squeaking after about 5000 miles (it's done nearly 14000 in 4 months !) and it is really starting to get on my ****

Forgot to add.....I also find this after the truck gets warm...does not start squeaking when cold

It has become gradually louder and more irritating as time has gone on....At first I didn't know whether it was something under the dashboard....but then I could hear the same squeak when I shut both driver and passanger doors. I lifted the bonnet and applied WD40 to the 2 hinges, the catch as well as the door hinges, and the squeak went away and I did not hear it again until just today when it has started again....looks like WD40 don't last too long !

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
I was following a Show-Girl the other day, it was a long wheel base and it was Squeaking like a good one !!!

To the extent that it was Funny !

G

·
turned out mine was the bottom bolt on the coilover (spring / damper) had got so tight that it closed up the gap for the lugs, and was rubbing the bottom bush.

wd40 sorts it too..

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Mine has gradually been doing this more and more, creaking / squeaking and knocking. I'd had the bonnet noise in the early days and sorted that out, but this noise was getting on my t!ts. If the road wasn't perfectly flat I'd be squeaking down the road like a 20yr old shed about to fall apart.

So as I'm driving to Austria on Friday I thought I'd spend an hour on it to see if I could sort out the noise, this is what I did:

1) First I drove it onto 4 old spare wheels (layed flat!) to gain a bit of height.

2) Using a pry bar I checked ALL mountings for play / movement etc.

3) The rear mounting for the gearbox was found to be loose! One of the bolts going into the gearbox was out by a good 10mm. This was allowing movement and causing a knocking noise. I tightened the bolt up!

4) EVERY rubber bush on the front suspension including anti roll bar were lubricated with a squirt of WD40.

5) The tops of the spring/damper mountings were sprayed with WD40

6) The bonnet hinges and catch were sprayed with WD40

7) Using a rag soaked in WD40 I lubed the bonnet rubbers and along the rubber seal at the rear of the engine bay (just before the scuttle panel)

I then test drove it for a few miles and . . .

Silence!

Not a hint of a noise.

And I'm glad I found the loose bolt - Do I remember someone has found a loose mounting bolt before?

Anyways, I'm going to feel a lot happier about driving to Austria in it now!

Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
That dam squeak

Well am I glad that I'm not the only one being driven up the wall with this problem. I guess tomorrow I'll be out with the WD40 to try and remedy it.

Cheers Dave

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Cheers Scarey...

I've just given the inside a full valet - it looks different without everything covered in dust/dirt!

Just got to load everything we're taking into the back tomorrow and give it a quick wash. Then I'm all ready to go Friday :D

Bob

PS Now the squeaking has gone and its clean inside it feels like a new truck!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Right, I may have a solution for this with the assistance of John (ex workshop manager for Dixon Nissan over here)
We took the truck for a run today so he could see which noise I was on about.
8 Miles of squeaking later we pulled over, he jumped out fiddled about under the bonnet with a bit of cursing (burnt himself), shut bonnet and we drove off for another 20+ miles and not a squeak to be heard. No spray or tools used.
Solution ......... If you look at the back of the engine there are several brake lines running along the firewall from left to right.
He bent slightly one of the lower left ones a bit so it was tighter in the white plastic clips and it stopped the the movement and the squeaking.
The position may also account for some people thinking it was something behind the dash causing the noise.
Oh happy, squeak free days :D :D :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
My Nav has just started this very irritating squeaking from the front end also. Only happens once the truck is warm. I lifted the bonnet and altered the adjustable rubber stoppers similar to the ones found on car tailgates. It seems to have cured the problem for now, very irritating budgie squeal was doing my head right in. Recently purchased some silicone spray from B&Q and intend using this on the rubbers etc if it returns.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone new to this site but is there anyone that can help me, bought a nissan navara d40 outlaw 2007 two weeks ago and it has this annoying creaking noise on the passenger side my husband checked suspension and nissan garage said they couldn't find a problem (but they where not too helpful, maybe because I'm female) anyway if you lift bonnet up and push down on side it creaks like a good one and then when you go round corners sounds like metal creaking together, driving me mad and my husband as I keep going on about it. Help please x

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine was the bonnet catch, needs a spray of white grease every 6 months. It drove me mad for ages then one day I was stood in front of the truck when my wife got out and slammed the door.... Gotcha!

·
Premium Member
15,733 Posts
Joeyboy said:
Hi everyone new to this site but is there anyone that can help me, bought a nissan navara d40 outlaw 2007 two weeks ago and it has this annoying creaking noise on the passenger side my husband checked suspension and nissan garage said they couldn't find a problem (but they where not too helpful, maybe because I'm female) anyway if you lift bonnet up and push down on side it creaks like a good one and then when you go round corners sounds like metal creaking together, driving me mad and my husband as I keep going on about it. Help please x
Check the front suspension ball joints, they squeak like mad just before they break :shock:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hi everyone,
The front cab mountings can cause a load squeaking too.
Noise is often been mistakenly referred to suspension noises.
Those mountings cushions very easily can be checked by looking form the front grill to both sides of radiators.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts