Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning

I was wondering if anyone has had issues with a squeaking noise coming from the rear door of their Navara NP300. The best way to describe the noise is like plastic bottles rubbing together and the noise is constant when your driving. When you close the door you can hear a little bit of a noise which is why I know its an issue with the door.

I look forward to hearing your possible remedies as ive tried putting WD40 on the hinges and locks and its made no difference.

Cheers

Ewen

·
Registered
66 Posts
Didn't have the issue on my Nav. I will not suggest WD40 as it is not mainly for lubrication, try go with 3-in-1 drip oil lub or dry lube

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think ive found the source of the squeak. It seems to be the rear seat (upright section) rubbing against the door. Put something between the seat and the door and it seems to have cured the noise.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Think ive found the source of the squeak. It seems to be the rear seat (upright section) rubbing against the door. Put something between the seat and the door and it seems to have cured the noise.
Useful tip to know. I'm going to investigate why my driver's door has started clicking on opening and closing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts