Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on a recent trip to find some bits for my 58 Morris I came across a wrecked 2011 Navara which had a full set of steering wheel controls and thought why not!
I flicked old mate $60 and headed home feeling rather pleased with myself. EXTREME caution should be taken when removing the airbag. I'm going into detail.....there's loads of info on that on these forums.
As the set from the wrecked Nav were all wired into the same plug which was the same as mine I just swapped the whole set out. It was only a little bit of a failure. You can see in the two photos of the plugs the difference in the wiring. I know....Should have checked that first..... No cruise control and only 3 of the buttons could be programed to my new head unit....one of the phone buttons was switching the cruise control on an off. The good thing is it proved my Nav was pre wired for the controls :smile2: So I put my original cruise control back and removed the wires for the audio control from its plug. Now it was just a matter of finding out what order they go into my plug. A couple of emails to my local Nissan dealers service dept and I had a wiring diagram......Viola....Job done :smile2: I know have a fully functioning set of audio and phone controls :dance:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Dodgy1,

I was thinking of doing the same on my VSK 2008 STX. Just to confirm, you have an 08 d40 and you were able to upgrade controls as the wiring for audio controls were already on the steering column?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts