Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Have installed a new kenwood head unit in my 2008 d40. Purchased a separate steering wheel control loom, problem is I can’t get them to work properly, in the head unit menus the option to assign controls to different functions is not available, the buttons on the wheel work but do all the wrong functions? And I can’t reprogramme as the option is dark in the menu (if that makes sense?]
Has anyone had anything like this and managed to overcome it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bluetooth module?

Or does anyone know if these models have a Bluetooth module separate? It had the Bluetooth 6disk changer OEM and I can’t see a module anywhere? Wondering if this could be linked to the above problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not that I’ve seen? I’ve opened a query with the lead manufacturers so see what they come back with.
Only thing I can see is that the unit has both a 3.5mm input and a single wire for steering controls but the adaptor I have only has a single wire so that’s all I’ve connected, think I’ll fire an email to kenwood also, just seems strange that the buttons are functioning but can’t be programmed?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

Sooo kenwood say they always disable that option on uk units that only have single wire connection.
After much back n forth between suppliers and manufacturers they think I still have the wrong loom, not awaiting the 3rd one to try.

·
Registered
41 Posts
hi has this been resolved im in the same boat .kenwood 7017 and 2008 navara . the steering controls dont work and they think i have the right loom ,but i have 1 small white plug of the 3 plugs not connected ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
ive sorted it now thanks
the connect2 lead did not work , i bought incartec steering wheel lead and works fine now

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts