Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody got the steinbauer unit fitted?

If so which wire did you solder the reference wire to? I know it has to be the throttle position sensor. Just dont know which wire this is.

Do you like the results?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi

I have one but wouldn't have a clue about fitting as mine was priced to include fitting. All I do know is that you have to remove the plastic fairing from the top of engine to fit it.

Out of interest how much did you pay ex vat for the unit without fitting?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Had mine supplied and fitted by a fella from Selby Yorkshire, Annoyingly can't find his details at mo. paid £399 + vat fitted and he came out to my place of work to fit it...

Excellent bit of kit you can really tell the difference on hills etc!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have one of them chips installed, a lot better than the standard plug and play units, as changes the fuel injection on acelleration, not by just fooling the ecu.
i picked up the supply for the acellerator just above the pedal, can have a look which one if you need?

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
simonperry said:
I have one of them chips installed, a lot better than the standard plug and play units, as changes the fuel injection on acelleration, not by just fooling the ecu.
i picked up the supply for the acellerator just above the pedal, can have a look which one if you need?
Out of genuine interest, how do you know it is much better? How do you qualify that? Have you got any comparison between the two methods on you car? Have you measured the output; bhp, torque, emissions and mpg? Really interested in what makes it better.

Cheers,
Jp

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
mowerman said:
it may be a "green is better than black" moment perhaps?
Excellent and we all know it isn't :lol: Oops do I get a warning prior to a ban, I'm so sorry sir it wasn't me :salute:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just found it appears to work better than an ebay unit we tried on our other pick up, and sort of belived some of the spill the rep gave,

I have fitted these units to a range rover and 2 tractor units, with good results

But the comment is a bit like black is better than silver

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
from my own experience, going to the injector rather than the common rail on the navara is a much better option, our pdi system connects to the injectors, advances the timing etc like the steinbauer system at a fraction of the cost.

I have spent hours upon hours tuning nav's via the common rail and also had phone calls back from the majority of customer mentioning EML lights etc etc, about 12 months ago i stopped selling systems as the headaches and power achieveable wasn't upto my personal standard.

Ive worked with DTE Systems from germany www.chiptuning.com for the last 4 years, including writing software that has taken 99% of problems away from tuning DPF'd Vauxhall Astra's/zafira/vectra.. In fact weve just released files for the new Insignia..

..... so in my own personal opinion the injector route is much safer, offers more power and a better option when it comes to tuning the Navara...

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
tawillager said:
hey jst wondering were you guys got ur steinbauers ive been quoted 550 without fit!
cheers
bill
Bill, once sorted we'll be offering forum members a substantial discount on our systems that connect to the injectors too ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts