Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been covered but I could not find the answer.

I have a 2013 Navara which just has a basic double din sized stereo.. nothing flash like bluetooth or anything but has steering wheel controls for stereo volume and change the radio station.

The vehicle came with a new Pioneer double din stereo so before I start hacking wires I thought i would look to see what harnesses are available and I assume the ones linked below is all thats needed..... is that correct ?

https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/aerpro-app8pio4

https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/aerpro-apa69

·
Administrator
12,118 Posts
My experience, and same with others, is that ordering harnesses online for specific head units always ends up with the wrong parts!

Maybe if you mention the Pioneer model that somebody has fitted one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My experience, and same with others, is that ordering harnesses online for specific head units always ends up with the wrong parts!

Maybe if you mention the Pioneer model that somebody has fitted one.

The head unit is a Pioneer AVH-P8450BT.

The Vehicle is Thai built.

·
Super Moderator
595 Posts
In the search results within THIS link, you will see a company called Radio World. They will advise.

The leads you linked to are probably what you need, but, as the Land Man mentioned, head unit wiring (as with most wiring!) can be a minefield when buying spares.

Just realised you are not UK, that's fine, I'll find another link....

EDIT: Try HERE, ask a big seller for advice.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In the search results within THIS link, you will see a company called Radio World. They will advise.

The leads you linked to are probably what you need, but, as the Land Man mentioned, head unit wiring (as with most wiring!) can be a minefield when buying spares.

Just realised you are not UK, that's fine, I'll find another link....

EDIT: Try HERE, ask a big seller for advice.

Thanks, got the vehicle booked into a local car audio place this weekend, they will cut the Nissan wiring and splice in the pioneer harness but will most likely lose the steering wheel controls and radio antenna... I can live without those.

Not ideal and something I wanted to avoid but a I can't be importing harnesses adaptors that may or may not work as this will be expensive and time consuming.

·
Super Moderator
595 Posts
Steering wheel controls and antenna will be no problem. No reason to lose these. Also, they won't be splicing, it's a direct Plug & Play with the correct leads; which the company will no doubt have on the shelf.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steering wheel controls and antenna will be no problem. No reason to lose these. Also, they won't be splicing, it's a direct Plug & Play with the correct leads; which the company will no doubt have on the shelf.

Been to 3 local car audio shops here and none have plug and play harnesses..... Hence I started this thread hoping to nail down what is needed.

·
Super Moderator
595 Posts
The head unit itself is connected via a very simple ISO adapter harness. They are literally available everywhere for less than £10. This is simple, it's just a "Pioneer/Nissan" ISO harness. Sometimes this is done with two harnesses, different manufacturer but same thing.

The steering controls on your vehicle are most likely resistive as opposed to digital, and the wires you need are Blue, Pink and White. These are connected to the appropriate wires on your head unit.

As for the antenna, that may need an adapter but you just plug that in.

I am unsure which companies couldn't help you so far, but having no option for a Pioneer ISO harness at a car audio shop seems insane.

There really is very little drama here. Hopefully the 4th company can help you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The head unit itself is connected via a very simple ISO adapter harness. They are literally available everywhere for less than £10. This is simple, it's just a "Pioneer/Nissan" ISO harness. Sometimes this is done with two harnesses, different manufacturer but same thing.

The steering controls on your vehicle are most likely resistive as opposed to digital, and the wires you need are Blue, Pink and White. These are connected to the appropriate wires on your head unit.

As for the antenna, that may need an adapter but you just plug that in.

I am unsure which companies couldn't help you so far, but having no option for a Pioneer ISO harness at a car audio shop seems insane.

There really is very little drama here. Hopefully the 4th company can help you.

No drama at all.

if you could point me in the direction of a Thailand installer that has the harnesses that would be great, most likely they are available but the language barrier has me coming up blank in saying that the demand for double din installs into a 5 yr old vehicle would be exceptionally low so (for me) it comes as little surprise my local guys have nothing.

Am happy to import however given the freight and import taxes will double the cost of the harness I'd like to make sure Iam buying the correct ones.... apparently the ones listed in my OP (spec'd by the online shop) are not the ones I need.

·
Super Moderator
595 Posts
OK, I understand your difficulties with the language barrier.

Why don't you just remove the old head unit, grab the new Pioneer one, jump in the truck and drive to the Car Audio shop and start grunting and pointing at things in a positive fashion!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got my 2012 spain done and all the harness are available from autobarn was very simple to do
Yeah I ended up buying harnesses online, got the head unit working but not the steering wheel controls.

Ive replaced the Pioneer with a Joying Android unit and put a momo steering wheel on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah I ended up buying harnesses online, got the head unit working but not the steering wheel controls.

Ive replaced the Pioneer with a Joying Android unit and put a momo steering wheel on.

All steering wheel controls are working as they should alpine unit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts