Registered
13 Posts
yeah RIP steve.....

think the guy was off his rocker but wat entertainment eh

·
Registered
8 Posts
stupid steve urwin

how many doezens of programs have we seen where people are swimming with these gentle creatures with no problems at all,judging by the way he had to **** off every dangerous animal you can just imagine wot he was doing to provoke it,i think it serves him right,ya play with fire ya gonna get burnt

·
Registered
481 Posts
I feel a bit out of order posting this because I really am saddened by Steve's death - BUT, I am the sort of bloke who can always see the funny side of things, and did find this quite clever;

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think it's a shame for his wife and children, but he did used to have that annoying habit of poking sticks into holes to see what reaction he would get from whatever creature was residing in said hole.

I got the impression he was a showman first and the animals were definately a sideshow.

The stupidity he displayed when baiting up a seriously big croc whilst holding his 1 month old son is a good example of what I'm on about.

Having said that he probably got people interested in wildlife who wouldnt have been interested in the likes of David Attenborough etc.

Still it's not a bad way to go, doing something you love.

Having been diagnosed with cancer last November, thats a luxury I probably won't get to enjoy.

Still, can't grumble, I'm in remission at the moment and feeling fine :lol:

All the best

Andy Brown

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yes indeed, sorry to hear your bad news Andy, I sincerley hope you continue to making a full recovery mate.

Wish there was more that I could do than just pass on my good wishes.

Ezzer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No probs chaps.

I only mentioned the big C to try and explain my outlook on Steve Irwin's death. Didn't want people thinking I was just being unkind.

I consider myself lucky. One of my work colleagues has just found out he has an aggressive brain tumour and they can't really say how long he's got :shock: but it ain't long :cry:

You never know what's round the corner, so make the best of it and live life to the FULL.

*Andy's now thinking of Kenlowe fan,chrome plating for side rails and roof rack*

Make a FANTASTIC Hearse :lol: :lol: :lol: .................I'm joking!

Andy

·
Registered
221 Posts
Steve Irwins was a great loss here, although i wasnt a huge fan of his TV presentation early on, I as many australians grew to love him.
I live about 70kms from his zoo, which before he took it over from his dad was just a 2nd rate reptile farm. Every time i have been there it has doubled in size from the last. It is probably now one of the best family owned zoo's in australia.
See every cent that steve earnt went back into the zoo and to research never spent anything on himself. He did an emense amount of work behind the seens for fauna in australia and he was very passionate about his work. the man you see on tv isnt far removed from what he was like in real life. It was a great tragedy and he will be sadly missed.

Also Peter Brock died this week he also will be sadly missed. Peter was australias best domestic racing car driver winning Bathurst 1000 endurance race 9 times and numorous other races. He to did a lot of work behind the seens.

Australia mourned the loss of two great legends this week.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Really sad to hear mate, I didn't know of Peter to be honest, but as I have said already, Steve was a great guy.

His farm being only 70kms from you, he must have been practically a neighbour, thats a big island you have there.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Peter Brock............ no way, I used to follow his career back in the 80's, a great driver :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts