Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird issue in my 07 D40 2.5tdi. My dash lights, headlights,taillights,parkers turn on, wipers dont work, indicators flash but not on the dash or make noise,abs and parkbrake light sometimes comes on/flickers while driving. no codes come up when i scan it. leads me to think i may have a faulty IPDM (hidden fuse box). I have checked all fuses in all 4 fuse locations and swaped out the ECM relay inside the IPDM and still have same issue. I have also cleaned the earth from battery to vehicle. Can someone tell me where the earth is located for the ECM under dash. attached is a video while i was driving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update to this
Still have same issue after replacing the IPDM , took to an auto electrician who checked all earths and still was unable to find fault. This is driving me crazy as I have been unable to use my ute for months
Anyone have a possible fix other then a match?

·
Super Moderator
642 Posts
Looks like you have a fault in the instrument console. But, that doesn't explain why the wipers don't work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its called failsafe mode , lot of people had issue but no one has an answer how to fix it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
have you tried a hard reset? disconnect the battery, foot on the brake for a moment to fully drain everything (maybe even leave it for 24 hours)
id also check the back of the instrument cluster for corrosion etc.

otherwise, the only other thing i can think of thats similar to this is; i saw a Peugeot where the washer fluid bottle had leaked into the main loom and rotted it our from the inside...so maybe trace the power/earth source for each of these back until you find a common junction, and inspect the loom from there.

If you can get your hands on a workshop manual as well, it may be worth looking in to see if any of the above share a connection (i.e. fuse rail, earth, CAN node etc) and start your investigation from there.
On the subject of CAN it is possible for something totally unrelated to cause issues such and these in other parts of the vehicle... for example, if you mess around with the glove box light in a Merc sprinter van, it can have repercussions through the SAM unit and cause you problems with the dial clusters...madness i know..
so if all else fails, it may be worth removing fuses one at a time and seeing if by cutting out any accessories its resolves the issue

sorry its a bit generic, but it sounds like the sort of problem thats just gonna take time and systematic testing to find a solution to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have you tried a hard reset? disconnect the battery, foot on the brake for a moment to fully drain everything (maybe even leave it for 24 hours)
id also check the back of the instrument cluster for corrosion etc.

otherwise, the only other thing i can think of thats similar to this is; i saw a Peugeot where the washer fluid bottle had leaked into the main loom and rotted it our from the inside...so maybe trace the power/earth source for each of these back until you find a common junction, and inspect the loom from there.

If you can get your hands on a workshop manual as well, it may be worth looking in to see if any of the above share a connection (i.e. fuse rail, earth, CAN node etc) and start your investigation from there.
On the subject of CAN it is possible for something totally unrelated to cause issues such and these in other parts of the vehicle... for example, if you mess around with the glove box light in a Merc sprinter van, it can have repercussions through the SAM unit and cause you problems with the dial clusters...madness i know..
so if all else fails, it may be worth removing fuses one at a time and seeing if by cutting out any accessories its resolves the issue

sorry its a bit generic, but it sounds like the sort of problem thats just gonna take time and systematic testing to find a solution to.
Sorry Dave didn't realise you answered this when I replied in other post

·
Super Moderator
642 Posts
Its called failsafe mode , lot of people had issue but no one has an answer how to fix it.
I'm not so sure this is a "mode".

It seems you have been quite thorough with your investigation into this issue, although you have not targeted the instrument panel itself.

I've seen instrument panel faults producing very similar symptoms, minus the wiper issue.

As per one of dobblerdave's suggestions; I think it's past time to go in to the instrument panel for a look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts