Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 navara d22 is struggling to start, turns over for about 10 secs then starts with lots of smoke then it clears straight away, the engine was rebuilt 3000 miles ago, checked, air leaks, turbo, glow plugs, injectors, pump, coolant sensor,all good, if i unplug the coolant sensor,heat it twice it fires up straight away, just can't work it out, any help would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
05 navara d22 is struggling to start, turns over for about 10 secs then starts with lots of smoke then it clears straight away, the engine was rebuilt 3000 miles ago, checked, air leaks, turbo, glow plugs, injectors, pump, coolant sensor,all good, if i unplug the coolant sensor,heat it twice it fires up straight away, just can't work it out, any help would be appreciated, thanks
Sounds like glow plugs now its getting colder in the mornings . How did you test them?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
smoke is white/blue, mechanic said it's in burnt diesel, the sec it fires up no smoke at all, 👍

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no difference at all, i can run it for a hour turn it off and and start it straight away and it still struggles to start👍

·
Administrator
2,364 Posts
Does the smoke have a particular odour?

Also, if you remove your filler cap and sniff the charcoal cannister on the underside of the lid (the “male” part that screws into the filler pipe), what does that smell like?

I’m trying to eliminate the possibility you or someone else has accidentally added unleaded petrol to your diesel.

·
Administrator
2,364 Posts
Since the problem disappears when you manually heat a sensor (if I understood correctly), perhaps your glow plugs are not being turned on automatically (even though they work).

What tells them they need to come on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not really sure, the mechanic has assured me that power is getting to the plugs, he's baffled to

1 - 11 of 11 Posts