Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, navara had a flat battery, so i jump started it no probs, then got a noise off of the gearbox (it had been sitting in 4 low) now it will not come out, 4Wd lite on now, any ideas would be great. stuart

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi Stuart. I wouldn't have thought that a flat battery would have had any effect on your 4wd. Did you depress the clutch before switching from 4low to any other position? Also try reversing in 4low, then depress the clutch and switch to another position.
Let us know how you get on.

Best regards
Mick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
M.B. Services said:
Hi Stuart. I wouldn't have thought that a flat battery would have had any effect on your 4wd. Did you depress the clutch before switching from 4low to any other position? Also try reversing in 4low, then depress the clutch and switch to another position.
Let us know how you get on.

Best regards
Mick
I ve tried reversing, but no joy, when u initally start it the 4 wheel logo comes up, as if its trying to engage, but theres no noise now, am gonna have a wee check of the fuses, just incase ins blew one. i didnt depress the cluch, as i said, it had been left in low.

·
Registered
226 Posts
According to the manual at least you need to be in neutral *and* depress the clutch to go into or come out of 4Lo. May wanna give it a try.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
M.B. Services said:
Stuart, you still need to depress the clutch whether, going into or coming out of 4low!

Best regards
Mick
Hey, got it sorted, checked the fuses, and they were all ok, so decided to pull out the electric selector, only 2 12mm headed bolts, just pops out, just lose a drip of oil. Its just a shaft with a slot in it, to which the selector fits into. I just put a scerwdriver into the slot, and turned it anti-clock wise till you could hear it click, first into H4 then into H2. Started the beast up an in was in H2, then listened for the selector, and that was working fine, popped in back in then went driftin in H2, job done. think it was just one of those things that happens now and then, parked in low 4, bit of weight on it, damp conditions, and a glitch wae the computer/switches/selector, and it was jammed between 2 modes, thanks for your help anyway.

cheers stuart

·
Premium Member
13,825 Posts
well done mate, this is a bit of a problem when 4x4 isnt used for many months of the year, then when you need it its seized!
Try to get into the habit once a month of putting it in 4wd (on a straight road at low speed), do a quarter mile then back into 2wd, should keep it all free for next season

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, got it sorted, checked the fuses, and they were all ok, so decided to pull out the electric selector, only 2 12mm headed bolts, just pops out, just lose a drip of oil. Its just a shaft with a slot in it, to which the selector fits into. I just put a scerwdriver into the slot, and turned it anti-clock wise till you could hear it click, first into H4 then into H2. Started the beast up an in was in H2, then listened for the selector, and that was working fine, popped in back in then went driftin in H2, job done. think it was just one of those things that happens now and then, parked in low 4, bit of weight on it, damp conditions, and a glitch wae the computer/switches/selector, and it was jammed between 2 modes, thanks for your help anyway.

cheers stuart
Was it a manual or auto

1 - 11 of 11 Posts