Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just taken delivery of my first truck and hence brand new Navara I was curious to see how waterproof the subchassis might be - especially having shelled out a lot of cash for my NP300.
Anyhow, as an experienced Electrician (not auto) I was shocked to see that the electrical joint boxes (plug/socket combi) had exposed cable cores entering the jb's and thought they cannot be water rated - surely must be on a vehicle that is rated to go through 600mm of water. I have asked the question on the Nissan dealership and hopefully I will get a reply from Nissan in the next few days.
Has anyone got experience on this observation? My initial reaction is to crawl under the chassis and bind the connectors up with water rated tape - But perhaps Nissan should have done so?

·
Super Moderator
191 Posts
Welcome along,
The plug connections on the loom on the chassis underneath will be waterproof as there are water tight seals within the plug itself, but if you feel that seeing the wires is worrying then use self amalgamating tape to go around the wires and onto the plastic conduit, however not sure how or if this will effect your warranty.

·
Administrator
13,430 Posts
It is odd considering most other connectors are fully waterproofed. The same on previous models too.

I would think a good old spray with clear waxoyl might be a good solution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mates, Appreciate your reply. I will await direction from the dealership but personally I will use the amal.tape solution as it provides a neat fix - sooner than later before the loom gets dirty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts