Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ref: Airbag light, Technical section.
I have finally had my airbag warning light turned off!! :D

Even though I had only pulled out the fuse by mistake and there was no actual fault.
1st time- went on spec as it shouldn't be a big job to do. Couldn't fit me in as to busy even though there were 3-4 fitters standing talking,
2nd time- inspected but found diagnostic machine wouldn't connect with my truck. Told needed to be booked in for a full day.
3rd time-They told me the fault was due to the fuse being missing!!!!(which it wasn't) But couldn't answer when I asked why it wasn't noticed in the first place!? Not actually mentioning that their diagnostic machine had just been repaired!!!(which I was told on the phone two weeks ago hence delay with booking in) This took them an over an hour in the workshop(only actually 20 mins to do the job!). 20mins in carpark before they told me.Took nearly two months to get fixed. Had to be done on a Saturday as can't be without in the week.They wanted it all day as it was such a big job!! With not answering their phone,emails and not even informing me of when they had booked it in!! Do they really expect retuning custom!?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even though a service is now due no surprise that they won't get the job!! Wouldn't like to trust them with a hard problem if a simple one takes this trouble!!
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Reg Vardy Aberdeen

This being the second new Navara I have bought from them in 3 years.
Thought I would have learned the first time.
First service I had done on old D22 oil & filter changed at 6000 miles they tried to charge me £170, I did a lot of complaining at the price which was then reduced to £80. Still a lot for oil & filter.
After that all servicing was done at Dicksons of Forres £75, a long way to go about 70 miles, but worth it as they looked after you well, either gave me a car to use or a voucher for a local restaurant. They also pointed out parts that should have been greased at PDI were never done.
Second Navara from Reg Vardy was 2 months late on delivery, and when telephoning them on updates calls were never returned.
Since then the paintwork (Silver) on the offside rear panel fades badly,
it has been back to them and was polished which I could have done myself.
Fading comes back after 1 month.
I asked them to check this again when it was in for the rear axle and steering recalls to which there reply was they did not have time and I would have to book it in again. After having to wait 6 weeks to get recall done I am not prepared to book it in again.
In other words Reg Vardy Aberdeen are a cr*p company with no interest in aftersales

·
Registered
481 Posts
Lots of dealers have no interest in aftersales, but guess what, they suffer the most as a result.

Believe it or not, there is next to no money to be made from the sale of new vehicles - its ultra competitive, everyone is in a discount war etc. and the only way it pays is through volume.

A dealer that treats its customers well will benefit from repeat and referral business - these are the only ones that will make any money, especially through servicing etc.

So next time your dealer treats you bad, smile in the knowledge that they are suffering more than you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I arranged a test drive in a new D40 through the nissan website. The woman on the phone told me Sunwin Derby is your nearest dealer (which I already knew). Test drive aranged for a saturday morning as this is the only free time I get aournd town in the summer. Received a card from Nissan with all the details on time and contact name etc.
Turned up as planned to be told the commercial guy doesn't work on the weekends. So completly wasted my morning.
On the other hand phoned Moss Rose in Macclesfield on a friday was test driving and putting deposit down sunday morning.
Did eventually get another drive thru Sunwin just for a bit of fun at their expense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.