Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
As the title says I am replacing leaf springs with new leafs so I’ve also decided to give front end bit of TLC. Replacing anti roll ball links bushes new disc pads doing this as the overall drive has become very boat and harsh. Would anything else help with the drive eg. Ball joints etc ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank landmann

also may I askis the much of a noticeable difference in 3+1 leafs compared to 4+1 reason being iam tempted to buy 4+1 as I tow the boat every other weekend and thinking that if I purchase 3+1 they will sag again a lot quicker?

·
Super Moderator
4,313 Posts
Certainly worth checking the suspension, ball joints and lower shock bushes in particular.
+1 the shock absorber bushes make a difference if there worn as do the tracking ball joints
The 4+1 leafs are for heavy loads so will handle the boat better but will make the ride more harsh when unloaded!
A few members that tow 5th wheelers have installed air springs to handle the extra wieght!
That way you can have the normal 3+1 leafs through the week then inflate the air spring when hitching up the boat

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
`of course it will!!The normal set up is more than capable for a trailer! The harder the springing the more harsh the ride under no load. I thought we had been through all this in a previous thread pick ups arent designed to drive like cars!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well leafs fitted today first impression is very impressed with the custom 4+1 I got. Can I ask is it normal for there to be abit off a difference in measurements either side ie from middle off wheel to arch ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts