Nissan-Navara.net banner

Swearing on the forum

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cedicol 
#1 ·
As many of you are aware there is a swear filter on the forum which changes some words to **** etc.

There is always going to be gaps where certain words get through and I end up editing them out. This forum shows every time an edit has taken place and it is expected that a moderator will write a reason for the edit. Not an ideal situation for the parties concerned as everyone can see this.

I can under certain circumstances understand the use of swearing, however, in most situations it is unnecessary. Remember once it is typed, it is there for all the world to see for the foreseeable future.

I therefore would request that members please display a bit of decorum and think about the language they use.

Thanks guys and girls,
Keith

#2 ·
It's nice to be part of a forum that has a policy on language.

I'm a Global MOD on another site and there is a family friendly policy in place there too.

It gives the place a nicer feel and for me I don't want to come home from work and be faced by a barrage of abuse and language.

Too old and tired to deal with grumpy folks. :-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.