Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My name is Brad, My mother owns a 2004 navara D22 Yd25 and we are on the verge of killing it with fire. We have been looking at possible engine swaps and one has caught my eye is the TD27T out of a terrano. I am really looking for a reliable engine that i can squeeze a few more fun fairies out of as my mother does a bit of towing and offroad driving so i am therefore wondering if ANYONE out there has any actual figures that i can be looking at that are a reasonable amount above stock. All i can find over the internet is boost psi but that doesnt really speak to me as 18psi on a TD27 will obviously be different to 18psi on a QD32, Thanks to anyone who can help.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Thé 2.7 Comes out of the Terrano, a Google search will probably show that the power and torque are about the same as the 2.5. So yes, not great for towing compared with later models.

At about 125bhp you will get another 25hp out of either engine, but not much more.

In case you didn't know the QD and ZD 32 engines were Oz and SA options, only found in Europe with the odd grey import.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thé 2.7 Comes out of the Terrano, a Google search will probably show that the power and torque are about the same as the 2.5. So yes, not great for towing compared with later models.

At about 125bhp you will get another 25hp out of either engine, but not much more.

In case you didn't know the QD and ZD 32 engines were Oz and SA options, only found in Europe with the odd grey import.

Thanks Landmannnn, good to know about the power, ya I'm from Zimbabwe, I have lots of experience with the zd30 as it was in her previous "hardbody" but they are a pricey engine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.